Sub Par A/C performance

CSIPSD

Reaction score
20oz is alot, did it call for that much?

I've got a full set of pressure gauges. It was just at the "low level" I filled it to just blow the "high level"...

How hammered is the condenser? Mine was packed with bugs, rocks and trash. Changing it out made a noticeable difference.

I think that is my next move. That and maybe replacing the rear AC fan. I am not sure how that system works, but I need to dig into it.

I'll take it somewhere and have it evac'ed. Then replace the condenser and dryer.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
One needs to understand that an AC system will freeze up with less freon than specifications. When the low pressure side is below desired pressure it will freeze try to freeze up. An AC system is an interesting balance between too little and too much. Either side will produce "warm air" in cab.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The best thing to do on an older system is just replace the dryer and orifice screen. Pull a vacuum, let it sit..

Then SCALE IN the proper amount of r134. Cans are very inaccurate.

If you want one dialed better than new use a digital scale with a 30lb bottle. Cans will do just saying you won't really know if your off 6 oz which is Alot on a 2lb system.

Latest posts

Members online