08-up nav radio

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got an 04 and the radio is workin on quitting. Cds are hit and miss to play and volume intermittently goes wacky when changing it. I was wondering if the 08-up nav radios will fit in the factory hole without too much modification. I know they mount up different, and id have to figure wiring out, but im not too worried about that. Im more worried about hacking the chit out of the dash, that is out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
Did you ever get to figure this out? I have a guy with an 04 looking to do the same thing. I know it works in my 05 dash, but unsure about the 04

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I just got a radio today, should be playing with it here in the next week or so, will post up what happens.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
Yeah, and only the 08 style easily works with our trucks....the 09+ can't be adapted....at least that's what the latest info was when I did this project

nrd10

Reaction score
Nighthawk did you do a write up for this? I want to do this myself but later down the road.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
No, I used an old one off of the org....I can try to dig it up for you later if you want

You need:
08 super duty nav deck (05+ freestyle and Wind stars had them too l)
Have it programmed to get rid of the CANBUS activation
Install it (plug and play with stock harness)
Use A Chrysler style antenna adapter and OEM GPS antenna
You're done

Latest posts

Members online