02-04 vs 05-07 headlights

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
I have an 01 350 and I currently have as the title suggests 02-04 clear headlights and marker lights... in the near future I'm gonna do the 08+ mirror swap, and new 08+ rear taillights (mine are cracked) and I want to tint the taillights and turn signals, but I don't want to a.) Leave the headlights clear with a smoked turn signal, that looks goofy to me, or b.) Tint the headlight, as I like to be able to see at night and c.) I don't like the recon style headlights

I really like the 05-07 harley lights, but I've heard mixed reviews on how good the lighting is on them, some say they suck and some say it's better than the 02-04... what's the truth? I don't want to give up lighting for looks here..

dsberman94

Reaction score
I like my 05 headlights. I read about the light quality being poor before I got them and I planned to get some brighter lights but they're really fine for me still. I'm just using whatever bulbs came in them when I ordered them.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
Imo stay with 02-04 haedlights. I got a set of 05-07 lights off of eBay and regretted it. Albeit they were cheapos, which may be the reason for poor performance. The low beams were ok but the high beams didn't shine any better than the lows.

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
I do like my clear ones, they look great, and I'm really considering the smoked ones in my second post, that's the look I'm going for... the taillights and mirror lights I don't want to go too dark, and I like the look of oem tinted...

Thoughts on the HID's in those lights?

PDT1081

Reaction score
I do like my clear ones, they look great, and I'm really considering the smoked ones in my second post, that's the look I'm going for... the taillights and mirror lights I don't want to go too dark, and I like the look of oem tinted...

Thoughts on the HID's in those lights?

HIDs only in projectors.

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
I thought that was more for cheapo HID's? And what are the guidelines for led's? I'm all for brighter lights

Last edited:

Koda22

Reaction score
I would just make the jump to the Harley style lights.....I didn't see any difference in the light out put, and you can always add some nice led down the road if need be...,nice upgrade anyway

PDT1081

Reaction score
I thought that was more for cheapo HID's? And what are the guidelines for led's? I'm all for brighter lights

HIDs need the projectors to not blind oncoming traffic. Doesn't matter the quality of HID. LEDs are a crap shoot. They produce nice light, but a horrible pattern.

Latest posts

Members online