Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket > 6.7 Tuning

Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default HpTuners

Anyone out there using HpTuners to tune their 11-16 6.7l Powerstrokes? I have been writing quite a few tunes lately and have been searching for others that due the same and want to share ideas.
I see that MCC is quite popular but I have a 2015 so HpTuners seemed to be the only route, at least from what i found.
Also, do you think it would be ok to share tunes directly through this site or create a dropbox since almost all the tunes i have are for d3letes.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:46 AM
General
Member's Gallery

hmmmm. another first poster talking about deeleets. seems legit.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
hmmmm. another first poster talking about deeleets. seems legit.
Me posting my files is somehow suspicious?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:02 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chcoakvqr2...GTOFF.hpt?dl=0

Heres a basic one i did just to turn the VGT off at RPMs lower than 800 to give it a rumble. Transmission shift points are raised slightly but other than that it is a stock file with no weight.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I've been reading over on the hp tuners forum. I don't have it but I would like to get it soon an try some things out. Are you on the forums over there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrueg View Post
I've been reading over on the hp tuners forum. I don't have it but I would like to get it soon an try some things out. Are you on the forums over there?

Yes i am but it is really dead as far as tuning for power strokes goes on their forum. Only thing it is good for is to request to have tables added and it usually takes a week or so. Hptuners is really good at listening to their customers requests.
Only negative side to HP right now is that their VCM scanner PIDs are off quite a bit so any sort of data logging using it is next to impossible at this time. But they are keeping everyone updated and addressing the issue.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgxs5x56xq...eenv3.hpt?dl=0

Heres another one. This one there is timing, fuel, pulse width and several other changes made. Nothing crazy but gave the truck some good pep. Transmission is the same as the other as i don't get any flaring and it locks up fairly early.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I'm pretty new to HPTuners but so far I've been able to remedy a shift flare problem in gears 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 by adding shift pressure to low RPM shifts. I was also able to get the converter to keep from unlocking on me for no reason when rolling on the the throttle by changing some TCC values. Solving those 2 issues alone was worth the cost of HPTuners to me.

I've tried a couple different commercial tunes both of which exhibited the same nasty transmission shifting.

HPT support can be frustratingly slow, hopefully they get their act together on that front. SCT support is otherworldly in comparison. But as I understand it the HPTuners tool has much more flexibility allowing you to tune many different vehicles which was why I went that route over the SCT Advantage software.

As for emissions removal, they aren't supported by HPT. Only way I know of is to remove them via other means first then tune with HPTuners after they've been removed. I've also run into some software limits when attempting to set values in their tables which has been annoying but it could be that they are trying to save me from myself.

And don't think you're just going to copy someones tune with emissions removed and apply it to your own it won't work. Either the strategies will be different and it wont write or your emissions will stay intact.

That's been my experience. Would love to hear what others have found.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
I'm pretty new to HPTuners but so far I've been able to remedy a shift flare problem in gears 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 by adding shift pressure to low RPM shifts. I was also able to get the converter to keep from unlocking on me for no reason when rolling on the the throttle by changing some TCC values. Solving those 2 issues alone was worth the cost of HPTuners to me.

I've tried a couple different commercial tunes both of which exhibited the same nasty transmission shifting.

HPT support can be frustratingly slow, hopefully they get their act together on that front. SCT support is otherworldly in comparison. But as I understand it the HPTuners tool has much more flexibility allowing you to tune many different vehicles which was why I went that route over the SCT Advantage software.

As for emissions removal, they aren't supported by HPT. Only way I know of is to remove them via other means first then tune with HPTuners after they've been removed. I've also run into some software limits when attempting to set values in their tables which has been annoying but it could be that they are trying to save me from myself.

And don't think you're just going to copy someones tune with emissions removed and apply it to your own it won't work. Either the strategies will be different and it wont write or your emissions will stay intact.

That's been my experience. Would love to hear what others have found.
At the very least you would likely have to change the vin, which I think costs credits. They just recently added user definable parameters, so theoretical if someone was able to find the emissions maps and switches they could remove it. For racing purposes of course.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 PM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

I've tried it. Same truck, same VIN, different strategy and it won't write. I get a message that say's the Operating System ID is different. I assume this is saying the strategy is different. I'll ask in their forum and see if this is something that should work or not.