2013+ style Nav unit/Dash into a 2011 PSD

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Don't laugh at me just yet... I am outgoing and I love the look of the 2013+ Nav/Information center setups on the PSD, so I am gearing up to do a conversion on my 2011. I know it is involved but since I don't plan to actually run the OEM Nav of a 2013, I hope that I would be ok.

I found a 2013+ style bezel and controls really cheap, w/ no nav unit as I will more than likely run a Pioneer 8100 Nav/receiver unit, if not a tablet/Ipad custom mount. What I plan to use for an actual receiver/brain is undecided at this time but my overall goal is to install the 2013+ style entire dash (the top portion) with the Nav/information center onto my 2011; or I will just customize the existing dash of my 2011 so that I can retrofit the 2013+ center piece of the top dash portion. I already have all of the options that the 2011 Ultimate Lariat could be ordered with and I am just hoping that most of the OEM existing plugs will work with the 2013+ style piece(s) that install; (heat climate controls, switches, etc).

I am wondering if anyone has information on a swap like this and/or suggestions as to what modifications or requirements are necessary to do the swap. Can anyone chime in?

Last edited:

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I have read a couple threads on tablet installs right over the face of the factory unit. Seems fairly sanitary, but I have to believe that it could be buggy. Seemed to work better if you are using a web based music app or stored music. I haven't read about too many factory swaps. I'm sure somebody has done it.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Ok, so here is my question. On my 2011 PSD, the plug removed from the area where the HVAC controls are is of course different than the one on the 2013 panel that I am installing. Does anyone happen to know if Ford incorporated any extra wires on the newer HVAC controls of the bezels found on 2013 and newer models? I recall someone stating that the climate control functions are different between the two models, if I remember correctly. I am thinking that I will have to splice into the wires of the plug that goes into this 2013 HVAC area.

I will take photos for comparison and for your reference...

Iowan

Reaction score
I would talk with dealer or buy the electrical diagram book. I to want to do this conversion but not sure on where to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Well, I am about to scrap the idea now because it just is not the time for me to go cutting away at a dashboard and spending more money. Need a new house over an upgraded dashboard. Ha Ha!

I guess I will sell all those pieces too, lol.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
There was one guy that properly did it on facebook. I want to say he had between $6-7k in it by the time it was all said and done.

BK39

Reaction score
There was one guy that properly did it on facebook. I want to say he had between $6-7k in it by the time it was all said and done.

To me that sounds crazy. For your average guy, you can upgrade the entire truck for that price.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.