The FORDOTA

imelmo

Reaction score
Donor truck has arrived. :D

Should start pulling the bed and cab this weekend.

_1694728287459148_272244325084338075_n_zpsin86nkqh.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
Started tearing the donor truck down. This thing was quite obviously in a bad wreck at some point and someone hacked it all together trying to get it on the road. Good thing the guy sold it to me and not someone that was actually planning to drive it. The engine runs like a champ though.

Got about another hour of work to do and the cab will be off.

9F5C7259-3487-44F8-9608-F4281993604C_zpsjozuhsdl.jpg

6E6A9C47-463B-48DE-A2EB-DC057025BABB_zps4nbthw8k.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
The engine is out of it's nest. :D Gonna see about building a stand for it now and start messing with the wiring next weekend. I have no idea what harnesses and stuff I need and I've never pulled an F250 dash so this should be interesting, lol.

61E79A2F-6A5A-436B-8FD1-FE0524E2988D_zpstoryvq4s.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
To pull the dash:

-2 bolts on either side of the dash that attach to the A pillar. (Leave these for last)
-One bolt under the dash to the right of the gas pedal.
-3 bolts under little covers on top of the dash next to the windshield
-Steering wheel shaft needs unhooked from column assembly
-Gear selector linkage need disconnected from column assemby
-The main wiring harness will pass through the firewall above where the clutch pedal would be. You need to disconnect this. Depending on the year of the truck, it will will be a couple of plugs or a pass through harness that will need to be disconnected in the engine bay and pass through the firewall into the cab.
-There is at least one ground down by the parking brake pedal that needs disconnected.
-One the passenger side behind the kick panel are a few plugs that need disconnected and at least one ground as well. (depends on how truck is optioned)
-Disconnect the antenna wire from the radio, this is also attached to the frame for the dash behind the dash cover and will need to be unhooked as you pull the dash out. There should be enough slack to pull the dash down to the floor first though.

You WILL need 2 people to do this. The dash is heavy as a complete assembly. You can lighten it up by pulling the column assembly and steering wheel if you like, but it is not necessary.

I believe that is 90% of what needs to be done. I might of missed one or 2 things as i have not done this in 6 months or so.

7-15 mm sockets and a 6" and 12" extension and a small flathead screwdriver should be most of what you need tool wise.

Can not help you with the wiring part. I am trying to do the same thing, but with a 7.3 not a 6.0.

Good luck!! LOL

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Great description of the dash, the connectors on the wiring is the worse part of that but it comes out pretty easy.

imelmo

Reaction score
To pull the dash:

-2 bolts on either side of the dash that attach to the A pillar. (Leave these for last)
-One bolt under the dash to the right of the gas pedal.
-3 bolts under little covers on top of the dash next to the windshield
-Steering wheel shaft needs unhooked from column assembly
-Gear selector linkage need disconnected from column assemby
-The main wiring harness will pass through the firewall above where the clutch pedal would be. You need to disconnect this. Depending on the year of the truck, it will will be a couple of plugs or a pass through harness that will need to be disconnected in the engine bay and pass through the firewall into the cab.
-There is at least one ground down by the parking brake pedal that needs disconnected.
-One the passenger side behind the kick panel are a few plugs that need disconnected and at least one ground as well. (depends on how truck is optioned)
-Disconnect the antenna wire from the radio, this is also attached to the frame for the dash behind the dash cover and will need to be unhooked as you pull the dash out. There should be enough slack to pull the dash down to the floor first though.

You WILL need 2 people to do this. The dash is heavy as a complete assembly. You can lighten it up by pulling the column assembly and steering wheel if you like, but it is not necessary.

I believe that is 90% of what needs to be done. I might of missed one or 2 things as i have not done this in 6 months or so.

7-15 mm sockets and a 6" and 12" extension and a small flathead screwdriver should be most of what you need tool wise.

Can not help you with the wiring part. I am trying to do the same thing, but with a 7.3 not a 6.0.

Good luck!! LOL

Awesome! Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online