6.4 To 6.7 Front Clip Conversion (Write Up)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So my Lariat is in the process of getting a 6.7 front clip conversion. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally have saved up enough coin to do so.

I want to try and keep updating this thread hoping to have a somewhat of write up by then end of the conversion.

Below is what info I have gathered so far.

So if any of you folks want to do a conversion you folks will have somewhat on a "guide" on doing so.

First of you'll need the parts to do the conversion. I got most of the parts from my local ford dealer I contacted sunrise even with discount (because of shipping cost) it was going to be about the same cost as my local ford so I went with my local ford.

I have a complete parts list to do the complete conversion

You'll need

Right front fender part # BC3Z-16005-A
Left front fender part # BC3Z-16006-A
Hood BC3Z-16612-B
Bumper BC3Z-17757-CPTM
Bumper Mounts Right BC3Z-17B984-A Left BC3Z-17B985-A
Grille Surround BC3Z-8200-BPTM
Grille Center Bar BC3Z-8200-C
Grille Center Bar BC3Z-8200-D
Grille Outer Filler Left BC3Z-8200-E Right BC3Z-8200-F
Outer Grille Reinforcement Left BC3Z-8A284-BA
Outer Grille Reinforcement Right BC3Z-8A284-CA
Center Grille BC3Z-8A284-DA
Grille Emblem BC3Z-8213-A
Bumper Top Pad Black BC3Z-17C829-BA
Black Bumper Top Pad Left BC3Z-17K833-CA
Black Bumper Top Pad Right BC3Z-17K832-CA
Fog Lamp Right BC3Z-15201-A
Fog Lamp Left BC3Z-15200-A
Bumper Fog Lamp Bezel Left BC3Z-15A245-AA
Bumper Fog Lamp Bezel Right BC3Z-15A246-AA
Windshield Cowl Right BC3Z-25022A68-AA
Windshield Cowl Left BC3Z-25022A69-AA
Hood Hinge Right BC3Z-16796-A
Hood Hinge Left BC3Z-16797-A
Front Headlamp Right BC3Z-13008-E
Front Headlamp BC3Z-13008-F

Also you have to have a few L shaped brackets made for the grille reinforcement and front fenders I explain where these will have to go later.

You can see the list is mostly made up of bumper parts and grille parts.

I purchased a full front bumper from ebay from a company that specializes in unfitting superduty's in Texas.

The bumper came with all bumper brackets top moldings and bumper valance etc so it is ready to be bolted on.

I also purchased a OEM set of headlights off ebay.

I've got the the hood and fenders mounted on the truck already.

Fenders

Pretty straight forward bolting the top portion onto the truck. The rear bolt will line up perfect the front bolt is the one that you will have to get a little "custom" on as it doesn't quite line up with the factory 08 front fender bolt holes little fiddling with it you have it perfect.

The bottom part of the fender is where it get's a little tricky as the 6.7's radiator support is a little bit different then the 6.4's.

I will have a custom L shaped brackets made up for each side to bolt to each fender so the fenders will be able to bolt up to the 6.4 support and perfectly line up with everything else.

Hood

You will need to remove the factory 08 cowl for the 6.7 hood to fit but you will have the newer cowl to replace it anyway.

The 6.7 hinges bolt right up no problem then you will bolt the hood to the hinges etc.

For the shocks that support the hood you will need to have somebody and or you weld brackets for each side so the shocks will bolt up to the hood itself.

Grille Reinforcement (Inner Shell)

The grille reinforcement will have just enough room to make it pass and around the IC (intercooler) Then you will have to bolt it to the radiator support. You will need to make L shaped brackets to "push" the reinforcement "out" so the grille will line up with everything else.

(Make sure you have it even/straight before you make your mounting points and bolt it onto the truck as that is what the grille sits on.)

Headlights

I haven't gotten the headlights yet and when I do i'll be sure to update the thread if any modifications are necessary to mount the headlights in.

This is as far as I got as of now as I need to get a few more parts grille etc. I will try to keep this thread up to date progress and things that I find worth noting down.

So as the truck stands it it is almost "finished" Fenders hood are mounted up and ready to go just waiting on the grille and cowls and headlights as those are still in shipping. after everything is set and done after the conversion is finished the truck will be repainted black and silver two tone (black on bottom silver up top.)

I will try to get some pics of the "conversion" and what goes where but no promises LOL JK.

All in all it is a very easy process a little time and effort and you'll be perfect.

So far I am loving the look on how the truck is turning out.

The front fender emblems will likely be from recon as I kinda like them but I haven't decided on those yet.

Thanks everybody if I missed something or if I find new ways to do X i'll be sure to add it to a new post. (I am writing this at 1 in the morning LOL)

Last edited:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day! Lol. Thanks for doing and detailing how you do it! Sub'd!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day! Lol. Thanks for doing and detailing how you do it! Sub'd!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

I was browsing the forums when a thread came up. He asked what parts he needed and what modifactions are needed to get it mounted and converted. I told him perfect timing LOL. So I went forward and made this thread for future reference as a "guide".

This is not the best picture I'll try to get more up..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419103778235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419103778235.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

canadian6four

Reaction score
This is fantastic, looks relatively straight forward. I've been wanting to do this to my 6.4 for some time now. Might just have to make an excuse to blow a few grand.. lol subscribed :popcorn:

ThatNikeGuy

Reaction score
Hey man do you have any pictures on how you mounted the grille?? Or can tell me how about to start mine soon

Latest posts

Members online