The FORDOTA

imelmo

Reaction score
So as some of you may know, and some of you may not, this has been a looooooong project. LOL Mostly because I get easily distracted by other things. :lookaround:

Small background: I inherited the Toyota truck from my PawPaw. That is why this is the chassis/body being used. Yes, I do fit in it. LOL I basically started on this in 2006. The engine that was in the Pumpkin was originally supposed to go in this. But again, I get distracted. :p

Then some years later I ran across Sherbert the dually. Bought it as another donor truck but didn't have the heart to tear it down since it was in much better shape than I thought. That turned out to be a good decision.

So now 10 years later I have finally bought another donor truck for it, lol. Got this 2003 6.0 I found on FaceBook. Supposed to pick it up the weekend of the June 11th in Union, MO.

756EB956-DEC0-45C8-9E80-90EA5B98DB60_zpsapb7oc0l.jpg

Plan is to remove the cab and bed and get the engine running in the frame with the wiring. Then transfer all that to the Fordota (in stock form). Then once all the chassis stuff is setup and complete it will all be removed and the engine will be going to Jesse Warren for upgrades. :D

For those that haven't seen it before, this is the Fordota:

1A1D1A03-77A8-409F-8948-54804B10771B_zpsrgsserla.jpg

39e311dd.jpg

8c9b8819.jpg

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Wow! Sure is going to be fast. Power goals? Even in stock form, a 6.0 is going to be fast in that thing. Any idea on its current weight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1badpsd

Reaction score
**** this makes me feel old I remember when the fordota began...I was 16 and a sophomore in highschoolLOL

shmoozer

Reaction score
So happy this finally happening..again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Since you're easily distracted, does that mean the oil change on the Z is going to turn into a forgotten project now? Can you do two at once?

Glad to see this come up again, but I'm not holding my breath Danny!

Latest posts

Members online