Pulled the trigger !! Just got it home magnetic f350 platinum. Mod list help

Quigs4u

Reaction score
F-350 platinum long bed!
Full kelderman 6-8 kit with Hadley controls.
38x15.50x22 fuel grippers on 22x14 fuel wheels not sure what style yet but I'm thinking 2 piece with black outer and dark tint inner should match the magnetic/gray pretty good.
Kelderman alpha bumpers front and rear. I'm thinking about 2 tone paint black rhino liner type paint to protect from stone chips with flairs and lower (underbody line), with 2 tone alpha bumpers to match. Thoughts , suggestions ?
IMG_0393.JPGIMG_0393.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
to each their own, but in my opinion you shouldn't rhino line a brand new truck.

do a clear bra (Xpel film) along the rocker panels to prevent rock chips

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I have the same truck and did clear bra along the entire bottom of my truck. If a big rock hits it hard it will put a mark in the plastic.

Mts678

Reaction score
I have the clear bra and it's working good. On front end, hood, lights, and bottom rockers of whole truck.

Mts678

Reaction score
Was this a kit you got and did you install it yourself?

No sir. Had somebody do it. Nothing I wanna mess with. There's some cutting to do on the hood around the superduty lettering and the front bumper, nothing for a newbie to do and I wanted it done right

C2tuck

Reaction score
Most guys take there truck in to have it done. It's not cheap but neither is reprinting your rockers...I'm getting quotes on it now as well, that's why I was asking chatty his opinion on it.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Most guys take there truck in to have it done. It's not cheap but neither is reprinting your rockers...I'm getting quotes on it now as well, that's why I was asking chatty his opinion on it.

Correct, There is a lot of guys that do it in my area. I had the grill, lights, rockers and door jams done on my truck and it was like 1200$.

Quigs4u

Reaction score
I'm finding out that painting the rockers etc to 2 tone the truck is big money. I'm being told that you should re clear coat the entire sides of the truck. I figured a linex rhino type material would help protect better then traditional paint and also no need to reclear the sides.
Im thinking I'll get the look Im going after with the added protection from stones etc, for less money then traditional black paint.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I'm finding out that painting the rockers etc to 2 tone the truck is big money. I'm being told that you should re clear coat the entire sides of the truck. I figured a linex rhino type material would help protect better then traditional paint and also no need to reclear the sides.

Nothing would protect it better than that. But it is pretty much permanent and cosmetically challenged to most people, especially on a brand new 17. I did it on a Dodge years ago myself.

Jomax

Reaction score
Im thinking I'll get the look Im going after with the added protection from stones etc, for less money then traditional black paint.

Problem with rhino liner is, it won't come off unless you grind it off.. i say clear bra.

Quigs4u

Reaction score
Cosmetically challenged - lol- I love it.
I need to work that into my daily lingo.

Last edited:

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The liner stuff gets dirty and will discolor, than you put some sort of shinny spray on it and it needs that every single time after that to bring it back out. That takes a lot of time to apply that.

Quigs4u

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on fuel tires? To the best of my knowledge only tire available in a 38 on a 22 wheel.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Nice truck! Definitely jealous as I want a new one in the worst way.

We've had some of our guys run the Fuel tires and got maybe 15-20k out of them. To each his own, and maybe you won't put that many miles on the truck, but I would not run those. Let me know if you need some prices on wheels and other upgrades for the truck.