6.0 no start uness throttle is pressed

Nickc919

Reaction score
I have been searching the internet trying to find an answer to this issue. I have 2 6.0's doing the same thing. The 2005 is in for a HPO leak no start when hot I know that one is the dummy plugs. However I have a 2003 that will only start when plugged in, run extremely rough when started, then smooth out over time. Could have stiction issues or icp sensor issues. It all checks out normal on the scanner. The thing ive never seen dealing with this is the truck will crank all day long and not start but if you punch the gas pedal while cranking itll fire right up you don't have to keep your foot on it it just needs that initial press to start. Ive asked a few of the shops around and have been searching and cant find an exact answer to the issue. If anyone could help suggest anything it is appreciated. If this is in the not start sticky I missed it the 10 times ive read it.

Thanks a lot!

Nick

IIVonnyII

Reaction score
never heard of this before. but pushing the throttle while cranking wont actually deliver anymore fuel to the engine. my guess would maybe be tps sensor related? seems odd to me.

as for running rough , has the truck had injectors replaced? typically speaking , OEM factory injectors don't live much longer than 150-200k miles. possibly just worn out.

with that many miles I wouldn't think rev x would do much.

sootie

Reaction score
I would disconnect the icp sensor and see if anything changes

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Heard of this on a 7.3 swapped into a 56 ford or something. Something with the ivs wiring, didnt know the percentage for idle. It was at a buddys shop, so im just giving secondhand stuff here. Any codes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.