Radically Redesigned Wicked Wheel® makes 43 PSI on my STOCK turbo!

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well I just finished up installing the wheel...I really don't have much in the way of testing it, but it sure does spool quicker and the truck was definitely pulling harder. Boost with the stock wheel was 24 psi, couldn't tell what it was now since I was getting sideways and was afraid to take my eyes of the roadLOL Also had a close call as Mr. police officer had just passed me in the opposite direction right as I was getting on it. Only a few minor problems installing it, all my fault:doh: Even after checking to see if all the clamps were tight, somehow I still forgot to tighten the driver side intake boot completely.:pointlaugh: Boy did the plenum howl when I hit the throttle lol. Also the damn EBPV rod somehow came disconnected when I reinstalled the turbo so it ofc closed shut:eek: I knew I should've just bought the delete kit while I was at it. But at least I was able to track down both mistakes quickly and now it's running awesome! I'll be doin some towing this weekend, so I guess I'll get to see how it does with surge.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Well I just finished up installing the wheel...I really don't have much in the way of testing it, but it sure does spool quicker and the truck was definitely pulling harder. Boost with the stock wheel was 24 psi, couldn't tell what it was now since I was getting sideways and was afraid to take my eyes of the roadLOL Also had a close call as Mr. police officer had just passed me in the opposite direction right as I was getting on it. Only a few minor problems installing it, all my fault:doh: Even after checking to see if all the clamps were tight, somehow I still forgot to tighten the driver side intake boot completely.:pointlaugh: Boy did the plenum howl when I hit the throttle lol. Also the damn EBPV rod somehow came disconnected when I reinstalled the turbo so it ofc closed shut:eek: I knew I should've just bought the delete kit while I was at it. But at least I was able to track down both mistakes quickly and now it's running awesome! I'll be doin some towing this weekend, so I guess I'll get to see how it does with surge.

what truck is this in?

greyford1979

Reaction score
My brother went for a ride with me today...he ordered one when he got homeLOL Really got to open it up on the expressway and it was definitely louder than the stock wheel.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
Just installed my wheel. Absolutely love it. Just wandering the previous owner had a boost fooler on the truck and I took it off. Do I need it to run PHP tunes or is it taken care of in the tuning?

dustinz85

Reaction score
Just installed my wheel. Absolutely love it. Just wandering the previous owner had a boost fooler on the truck and I took it off. Do I need it to run PHP tunes or is it taken care of in the tuning?

Most tuners will take care of the defueling issue that over boost codes create. But of you have it, its not going to hurt having it on there. I still run one on mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Stroker04

Reaction score
Well, I doubt anyone has swapped a 7.3 turbo on to a 6blow.. might ask if anyone has ran the 6blow wheel in their 6oh turbo?

live life full throttle

I kind of figured everyone would know that's what I was implying. It would be foolish to even attempt that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts