Guess the issue!?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
2005 6.0 powerstroke.

The story:

transmission was in the bed when the truck was purchased, motor was said to have blown headgaskets. Customer removed heads and took them to be checked out, no cracks or leaks. They were however warped and .012-.014 was taken off of them. The valves were re ground to match as were the stems.
He noticed at this time the motor had all new pistons and everything, must of been a somewhat fresh rebuild.
He put it all back to together with studs, delete, ect, and Black Onyx gaskets.

He gets the thing fired up and notices it wouldnt idle right and smoked from cold to full operating temp. It also had somewhat of a ticking noise.
This is where we met the guy. Had him compression test it and found very low compression on #5. So now the truck sits in one of our bays waiting for the cab to be taken up.
th_2012-09-06_08-14-36_123.jpg

I have my thoughts on what might of happened, but with so many factors coming into play it could be a number of things.

Post up what you think the issue is going to be and if we find you to be correct you win a free Vision Diesel T-shirt!

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
There was a UH-1 Huey flying over at the time of start up? :lookaround:

Bad valve/s or cracked piston on #5?

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I apologize for the video, just realized it only caught about 20 seconds of sound. Ill try to re do it later.

But the truck is running from second number 1, even though it may sound like its just cranking over.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
2012-09-06_12-11-01_207.jpg

Getting there! Sorry about it being sideways, i rotated it with photobucket but they wont change the image code so it is going to just have to stay like it is haha.

Cory S

Reaction score
i guess that it is broke! and need some sort of repair.

- i will pm you my address for my free t-shirt

Latest posts