high idle?

cody2

Reaction score
soo when ever my truck idles it wont kick in to high idle. i dont know what the deal is but should it rev up? how long should it take to get to high idle if these trucks have it?:doh::rolleyes:

Bugman

Reaction score
There is no high idle on a 94-97 truck. If you want one you need to either do a DIY high idle mod or get a chip with a high idle built into it.

m j

Reaction score
they had an auxillary idle control box option.

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 107

Bugman

Reaction score
There is a high idle in the stock programming if it's cold enough outside. You might have to put the e-brake on.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Not on a 94-97. I have had mine down to a -40 with the brake set and still no high idle.

If you are handy doing electronics work I have a site that has instructions for a DIY AIC that you can make with parts from Radio Shack.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Then why does my truck idle itself up to around 1100 on a cold morning? I'll video it tomorrow. and it kicks off a couple minutes alter

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Are these trucks that have 'high idle' built in Cali or Fed emissions trucks?
I've had my truck all the way down to -64*C and never once has it high idled.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Yes

Not on a 94-97. I have had mine down to a -40 with the brake set and still no high idle.

If you are handy doing electronics work I have a site that has instructions for a DIY AIC that you can make with parts from Radio Shack.

Have a Ford AIC. :)

Then why does my truck idle itself up to around 1100 on a cold morning? I'll video it tomorrow. and it kicks off a couple minutes alter

Mine does this exactly on stock tuning. Federal emissions.

If you have a chip, the tuner might have taken the feature out. You could ask your tuner to put in the SD fuel mapping so the truck can idle up like a SD when cold out.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Bugman

Reaction score
I've had my 96 since it was brand new off of the dealers lot. I have started it in very cold temperatures -40 and in very hot temperatures 110 and everything in between and never noticed a high idle. It is a 49 state truck without a chip. Perhaps it was something that they put into a California truck?

Got4wd

Reaction score
I have a cal truck and never had it high idle on its own. Never seen a obs do it either. I would have to see video to believe it.

Reaction score
I've had both my trucks idle up slightly in cold weather. It's not all that much, maybe 850 rpm or so (no where near 1100). I used a DIY AIC on the 94 which would go from idle up to over 2500 if I wanted. There was a TSB 94-19-18 for 94's only that was considered a customer-paid enhancement that allowed selectable RPM control using the brake pedal. Cheers!

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I'll try to remember to not plug it in tomorrow night and get a video in the morning.. I'm not getting out of bed now to go unplug it for y'all bastards lol

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Thats not really a high idle with what its doing, gotta be something to do with timing and what not when the oil is cold.

Even my SD when first started will idle around 700rpm then once the actual high idle kicks in to bring it to 1100.

But as stated the obs trucks didnt come from the factory with high idle unless you got the AIC box.

JCart

Reaction score
My Red sig truck with ALF4 PCM and TW programs does idle up to 850ish when cool out and EBPV would come on at idle. The new stock 96 auto does not idle up at all, EBPV does not come on at idle but as soon as you drive it, it comes on.... Even at highway speeds..... Most annoying....

jrc

gnxtc2

Reaction score
My Red sig truck with ALF4 PCM and TW programs does idle up to 850ish when cool out and EBPV would come on at idle. The new stock 96 auto does not idle up at all, EBPV does not come on at idle but as soon as you drive it, it comes on.... Even at highway speeds..... Most annoying....

jrc

That's why you gut it :D

How about this operation of the EBPV...... Started the truck cold, the EBPV was activated. Once the EBPV activates, it'll never come "off" even with fully warmed up motor/oil until I shut the motor off. So what I would normal do, I stop at a light, shut the motor off and re-start. The EBPV would not come on anymore. One winter day (was in the 30s) I took a 2 hours ride (cruise was set at 70mph) as soon as I got off the exit, the EBPV came on...WTF!!!! My first chance I got, it was gutted.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
My truck has high idle I call it setting two! Other than the AIC a chip seems like the best way to get the high idle you're looking for.

needen$77

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck idled up. It was 15 outside and was not plugged in. I havent seen it before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online