Radiator upgrade?

ford rules

Reaction score
Hey guys!!
Wondering if anyone besides mishimoto makes better radiators than the stocker? Mine is leaking and out of warranty so id like to put something in that will last.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Alradco makes one for the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4. Unsure of the 6.7 status. Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. Pretty sure they're a site sponsor as well. High quality components from them from what I've seen and heard.

Last edited:

ford rules

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the mishi? I've heard good and bad about them.

niklid05

Reaction score
My second mishimoto leaked more than the first mishimoto and my stock one combined.... i got a new ford oem one and havent had a problem since.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
My second mishimoto leaked more than the first mishimoto and my stock one combined.... i got a new ford oem one and havent had a problem since.

Sorry you had issues with our radiator Niklid. Was this with our 6.4L or 6.7L unit?

Thanks
-John

SouthTX

Reaction score
does anyone know what the change is on the oem radiator? cause the part# has been updated from BC3Z-8005-E to BC3Z-8005-G.

ford rules

Reaction score

This is all I her about them, pretty much all bad. I think ill just do a factory one.

SgtMiller23

Reaction score
No experience with the Mishimoto in a superduty but I had one in my 03 Cobra, absolutely loved it.

My buddy had one in his 02 GT and the first one leaked. They sent him a replacement right away and he hasn't had any issues since. That was probably about 4-5 years ago now and hes making over 1000whp and it keeps it cool.

Black AOD

Reaction score
No experience with the Mishimoto in a superduty but I had one in my 03 Cobra, absolutely loved it.

My buddy had one in his 02 GT and the first one leaked. They sent him a replacement right away and he hasn't had any issues since. That was probably about 4-5 years ago now and hes making over 1000whp and it keeps it cool.

I had 2 Cobras. I went though almost 8 mishi radiators between the two so I'm shocked you had good luck.

a 2V GT making 1000 rwhp? ok

SgtMiller23

Reaction score
I had 2 Cobras. I went though almost 8 mishi radiators between the two so I'm shocked you had good luck.

a 2V GT making 1000 rwhp? ok

Maybe I was lucky with mine. Are you doubting a 2v making 1000whp? I would love to prove you wrong if you are.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Maybe I was lucky with mine. Are you doubting a 2v making 1000whp? I would love to prove you wrong if you are.

Lol. No I don't really care. I've seen it done. They never lasted long. I just thought people who sunk that much into a 2V to make 1000 were stupid when you could just do a 4V swap and everything was better and actually lasted. But this isn't a mustang forum so.....

Anyways, OP, Mishimoto seems to have done much better with the 6.7 rads than 6.4s and they seem to have upped their game in the past 2 years. I'd say Mishi is to be considered. Alradco isn't an option yet so no input there.

SgtMiller23

Reaction score
Lol. No I don't really care. I've seen it done. They never lasted long. I just thought people who sunk that much into a 2V to make 1000 were stupid when you could just do a 4V swap and everything was better and actually lasted. But this isn't a mustang forum so.....

Anyways, OP, Mishimoto seems to have done much better with the 6.7 rads than 6.4s and they seem to have upped their game in the past 2 years. I'd say Mishi is to be considered. Alradco isn't an option yet so no input there.

It has lasted about 3 years at that power level.. but you are right this isnt a mustang forum.

I was sharing my experience with mishimoto radiators.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hit me up i have a few mishimoto 6.7 radiators in stock , let's make a deal !

Latest posts

Members online