SEIC BCP Wire Question

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Everyone,

I tried to search the forum before posting to make sure it hasn't been answered. This is not a thread asking how to do it.

I can't find the Violet/Brown wire that the Ford SVE Bulletin Q-180R2 says is needed to wire up the BCP. I can only find Violet/Orange & Violet/Grey.

Using Ford's Body Builders Layout Book electrical wiring diagrams for the 6.7 Powerstroke engine, I can find no reference to Violet/Grey. I did find 2 Violet/Orange wires & it says this is from the Brake Pedal Position Switch (BPP). BUT, the diagrams show no access to the BPP wire for the customer. There also is a customer access one that is VSOUT... reading the SVE again, this is for Vehicle Speed Out.

With all that said, I wired up the Violet/Grey & Brown wires to my upfitter switch along with the other required connections as the SVE directs.

If I'm not mistaken, when the switch is on & parking brake is engaged, the engine should idle up to 900 RPM since that is the minimum & idle as high as 1200 RPM if there is demand.

When I put it on, the idle drops to 500 then slowly goes back up to the 600 RPM or so that the motor normally runs at. I tried running my batter down a bit & running my winch in & out... no change in the idle.

Anyone run into the same issue of not finding the correct wire color? I'm stumped! I did the manual SEIC already without issues. For anyone who may stumble on this thread looking for that, here is a link to my YouTube video how to on that. One I figure out the BCP, I will make a video to share on that as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n0gFSEJ6rk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, when the switch is on & parking brake is engaged, the engine should idle up to 900 RPM since that is the minimum & idle as high as 1200 RPM if there is demand.

Maybe I missed something, but how is this different than the high idle mod with a specific resistor? Or is it the variable higher idle based on demand? If so, what constitutes demand? Higher amp draw on the alternator? Engine load percentage?

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but how is this different than the high idle mod with a specific resistor? Or is it the variable higher idle based on demand? If so, what constitutes demand? Higher amp draw on the alternator? Engine load percentage?

It is different like you said.

When using BCP mode, it is variable between 600 & 1200 RPM depending on battery charge, as well as ambient & oil temperatures. The SVE didn't say this but other sources have said there needs to be a 70AMP or great load on the system as well.

I may have it all wired correctly but am not causing enough demand. I wanted this mod for an AC inverter install I plan later so I can have a backup electrical source when at my off-grid cabin. I could easily just use the regular high idle but if the BCP option is there, why not? Will save fuel & wear.

Latest posts

Members online