intermittent no crank

rjustman

Reaction score
I have a no crank problem. sometimes ill go to start the truck and it wont do anything. no click, no lights dimming, no nothing. if I go out and disconnect the signal wire to the starter and put it directly on the battery it will crank over.. is it a weak starter or a relay problem? its happening more and more as the days go on.. any ideas?

webb06

Reaction score
Probably not the starter if every time you try the signal wire it cranks. Have someone hold the key over while you check voltage at the signal wire. If you aren't getting voltage there every time the key is cycled then its either the ignition switch under the steering column or the starter relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjustman

Reaction score
I don't have my book anymore that came with the truck do you know what relay is the starter relay? is it under the hood or under the dash??

webb06

Reaction score
I don't have my book anymore that came with the truck do you know what relay is the starter relay? is it under the hood or under the dash??

Under dash. Top right relay shows to be the starter relay. Swap it with another one inside and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.