ABS issues since 3 link.

NHRMK

Reaction score
Ever since I installed my 3 Link if I hit a good size dip or bump it will make my pedal flutter like I hit ice. No light, figured maybe a sensor got damaged, replaced both front sensors the other day, still does it. Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

Kxc

Reaction score
I have this same issue but no 3 link just ACLs and 2.5” carlis totaling 3” . Curious what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampfox

Reaction score
How much slack do you have in them? They might be pulling tight or you may have damaged them from pulling tight when the suspension cycles. I'll try to get a pic of how mine are done.

NHRMK

Reaction score
At full droop the wires aren't tight, that was my first thought thats why I replaced them. Its an odd issue for sure. I doesn't happen often just has to be a good amount of travel for the front to flex for when it happens.

Kxc

Reaction score
Just happened to me again yesterday going about 5 mph wheels turned part way up a driveway. Not a heavy impact at all and the ABS pulsates the pedal. Strange.

NHRMK

Reaction score
Still nothing, I did however just have both front calipers replaced due to them randomly hanging up under warranty, had them flush the fluid as well. Usual bumps don't annoy it at the moment so I'm not sure if that was related or not.

Mustang42

Reaction score
This has been happening to my 2014 quite a bit when I am going over bumps. I have logged the PID’s with Forscan (wheel sensors, steering rotation sensor, etc). I can see the abs activate while logging but can’t figure it out since all the sensors are giving good readings. The Ford manual says to check for dragging brakes. Guess that is next.

anth

Reaction score
I have a 2013 f250 with a 3 link and I have a spot on the road where I can get it to do this every time I go over it. Slight left very little bump and it will do it. No lights on the dash just a let off the brake and all is fine. I dont worry about it to much. But would be nice to know what's causing it. Looks like these trucks are all f250's, aren't our braking systems a little different than f350's?

Mustang42

Reaction score
I just filled out my signature, but I have a 350. I am pretty sure the systems are the same between the two. I am sure somebody smarter than me will correct me.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have had several times where the abs seems to kick in for a second. Its usually left turns over rough road when I'm going over 10-15. 100% stock suspension

Kxc

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of us. Maybe it’s a preventative feature ? I️ have an 2015 f450 too but it’s c&c , never happens to that one.

04cr450

Reaction score
Mine has done this the day it came home from dealer. It only happens though on one spot of the back road i live on(a steep down hill corner that has bumps in it around 30 mph).

Mustang42

Reaction score
It would be nice if there was a way to turn down the abs sensitivity to see if that helps out

pattersonfire

Reaction score
It’s happened to me too. For me it’s usually after a hard braking scenario. I’ve checked wheel bearings. Also I checked my pads... one pad had been rubbed at an angle and not smooth... guy at the parts store said try some grease around the brake clips... it’s only happened once since... and it’s been months since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
has anybody noticed if this has gone away with the cold weather? Mine was doing something similar during the summer. Since the weather changed, it hasn't done it in a month or so...

Mustang42

Reaction score
It is way cold here. Unfortunately, it did it on my way to lunch today. It doesn’t matter if it is hot or cold, it does it. I am thinking of dropping the coin for all new calipers since I think I have one hanging up on me.

pattersonfire

Reaction score
Definitely get some of the brake caliper grease. I believe a blue packet.. Super cheap what could it hurt. Keep us posted.

Smokun

Reaction score
It is way cold here. Unfortunately, it did it on my way to lunch today. It doesn’t matter if it is hot or cold, it does it. I am thinking of dropping the coin for all new calipers since I think I have one hanging up on me.

Brake hoses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online