deelete pipe back exhaust

slc6oh

Reaction score
have a 4" jenny craig pipe on my 2015.. is it beneficial in any way to do a 4 or 5" filter back exhaust? or is it just for looks?

factory stuff seems small and has a resonator and the ugly tips.

but if there's no noticeable egt drop at least, is it worth it?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'd be interested in this for more exhaust sound. My 16 with just the weight loss pipe is too quiet for my taste lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I'd be interested in this for more exhaust sound. My 16 with just the weight loss pipe is too quiet for my taste lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That it will give you, plus cosmetics. Very minimal power difference I bet

slc6oh

Reaction score
That it will give you, plus cosmetics. Very minimal power difference I bet

I like the " is this fuccer electric??? " quietness while crusing, but idk if I wanna give that up for more noise while getting after it... I do but I don't. lol

F

Floorboard79

Dampers and resonator on factory tailpipe keeps drone away. Be prepared if you eliminate

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have the 4 inch ****** pipe and 5 inch muffler back pipe and i and many others love the way it sounds.. the drone is no where near what my 7.3s ever where. i can still hear my tires over the drone and engine and those are quiet as hell too...

live life full throttle

doo dah

Reaction score
I have 5" exhaust and 4" aftermarket downpipe. Started with a muffler when I had factory turbo and switched to straight pipe until the Rick Flair became annoying so I went back to the muffler. After going non VGT I pulled the muffler again until the noise and drone drove me nuts so on went the muffler again but no real improvement. I now have a 42" (I think) Donaldson and love it. Quiet as stock inside with no drone and outside it is unique. It turns heads and really brings out the whistle from the turbo, sounds like a 6.0. I recommend it to anyone that wants good flow but wants to keep the noise outside the cab. Never had it on with the factory VGT though so I can't say what that might sound like.

08Monster

Reaction score
Did the Donaldson cut the noise from the truck? I want to get rid of the drone and maybe some of the exhaust noise but I don't want to stock quiet by any means.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Did the Donaldson cut the noise from the truck? I want to get rid of the drone and maybe some of the exhaust noise but I don't want to stock quiet by any means.

The Donaldson is very quiet in the cab but still sounds good from the outside under throttle

08Monster

Reaction score
No sir. Streetmax
Gotcha. I might try one on mine with a 63sxe. Worst that can happen is I hate it I suppose and I take it off and replace the section of pipe I cut out

doo dah

Reaction score
Gotcha. I might try one on mine with a 63sxe. Worst that can happen is I hate it I suppose and I take it off and replace the section of pipe I cut out

I love mine. Not stoopid loud or obnoxious just enough to let people know it is not stock. Plus those in the know will quickly catch on that you have a non VGT because of the prominent whistle coming from the exhaust.

slc6oh

Reaction score
See and i had one of them big Donaldsons on my 6.0 when it had the s362... lounder down low than it was at wot... droned pretty good too. Ended up pulling the 4” off going with a 5” system, diffrent muffler but still dronrd, then back to a vgt turbo and eliminated all my complaints lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doo dah

Reaction score
See and i had one of them big Donaldsons on my 6.0 when it had the s362... lounder down low than it was at wot... droned pretty good too. Ended up pulling the 4” off going with a 5” system, diffrent muffler but still dronrd, then back to a vgt turbo and eliminated all my complaints lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be difference in 6.0 vs 6.7? Also placement can make a difference; I have mine about a foot past the connection to the downpipe. It is so long that it goes all the way past the back of the cab.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.