Remote start range

Jake

Reaction score
Is everyone elses remote start range about 40-50' max? I have been disappointed in the range with it. New battery never made is any better. Have any of yall done anything to improve the range.

wjamesm

Reaction score
I was at a high school football game this past fall and was in the stands and the truck was at least 100 yards away and for sh**ts and giggles I tried it and it unlocked and relocked it . Now it was a straight shot and I aimed at the truck to do it . My truck is an 11

Blowby

Reaction score
If you have the option to get SmartStart on your alarm then you can start it from half way around the world.

BigRed97

Reaction score
The range sucks.
The options are remote access upgrade(cell phone)...with i think is being discontinued
Or aftermarket

Jake

Reaction score
Well that sucks, I do have a Viper alarm system in the shop, but I was planning on using it on my wife's car so she could have the remote start. I was hoping to avoid adding extra crap and remotes. But I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

brown1

Reaction score
i have remote access and it is wonderful. $450 i installed it in less than 10 mins. would be hard to go without it now. you will need a dealer to activate it and it is around $60/yr for the cell service. another bonus is it notifies me if alarm is tripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed97

Reaction score
Remote access is a ford upgrade.

There is also a long range 2 way fob upgrade, up to 1 mile I believe ..by you have to have an additional fob

Jake

Reaction score
Well I searched prior to posting, if you don't have anything constructive to add, stay out of my thread.

brown1

Reaction score
if you go to f150 forum site there is a guy there that if you buy from him he will activate it for free and over the phone.

Jake

Reaction score
if you go to f150 forum site there is a guy there that if you buy from him he will activate it for free and over the phone.

Cool I'll look, I bought one this morning off eBay from a dealer. I'm hoping he will activate it for me.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online