Upper oil pan gasket

Reaction score
I have a small leak at the upper oil pan gasket and was wanting to know if it was possible to lower the pan with the transmission on? I looked over the removal procedures and I was possibly could but I can't tell if there's any hidden bolts. I was thinking I could remove the lower oil pan, oil filter housing, and oil cooler then take out the transmissions lower bolts that go into the upper oil pan. Would that work so I can drop the upper pan and slide out the old gasket, clean it, and reinstall a new gasket.
If this won't work what's the typical cost to have it done at a shop?
transmission_pic_2_2_.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Nope. Drop it all. You will also want to reseal rear cover.
m48hKaa.jpg

Expect to pay ~$1600

Reaction score
So looked back over the removal process for the rear seal and what's the best way to remove the rear seal without purchasing the $300+ remover and $300+ seal installer? Anyway to rent these 2 tools?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Just pull the rear cover off. Then knock seal out.

For install your really going to want the install tool for sure

Smokun

Reaction score
It’s not only about the lip of the seal folding over nowadays. They put the seal in at a certain depth and if it’s not absolutely correct it will leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigRed97

Reaction score
It’s not only about the lip of the seal folding over nowadays. They put the seal in at a certain depth and if it’s not absolutely correct it will leak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct, depth is crucial!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.