Upcoming Head Gasket replacement

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, if you haven’t already read “08 6.4 for $4000 please help”
Anyways same predicament same problems, just sharing my build and components I didn’t have a big budget but for the buck this was the best bang
http://store.dynamicdiesel60.com/mobile/64-power-stroke-2008-2010-stage-1-master-over-haul-kit

That kit is awesome man comes with EVERYTHING youll need.
the lifters.. upgraded with better retaining clips, stage 1 cam, pistons etc i couldnt be happier with it and its cheaper than any other kit or sourcing each part out yourself @Toren302 buys a lot from Paul at Dynamic and his youtube videos prove he’s no BS.
Arp studs
Chromoly pushrods
High rev valve spring
6.0 manis and up pipes
4” downpipe
5” exhaust
NO LIMIT Cold side pipe and intake
The kit and the rest of ^ cost maybe $4g canadian. If that. So pretty cheap for all new internals minus crank and rods
Reusing the injectors and hpfp because i don’t know if that was my problem but we planned to reassemble and test and replace as needed. My block was 10x worse than yours you got lucky, maybe you can get away with .20 over or so,

a802d5f48d73df643d3e6de908faa2d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, if you haven’t already read “08 6.4 for $4000 please help”
Anyways same predicament same problems, just sharing my build and components I didn’t have a big budget but for the buck this was the best bang
http://store.dynamicdiesel60.com/mobile/64-power-stroke-2008-2010-stage-1-master-over-haul-kit

the lifters.. upgraded with better retaining clips, stage 1 cam, pistons etc i couldnt be happier with it and its cheaper than any other kit or sourcing each part out yourself @Toren302 buys a lot from Paul at Dynamic and his youtube videos prove he’s no BS.
Arp studs
Chromoly pushrods
High rev valve spring
6.0 manis and up pipes
4” downpipe
5” exhaust
The kit and the rest of ^ cost maybe $4g canadian. If that. So pretty cheap for all new internals minus crank and rods
Reusing the injectors and hpfp because i don’t know if that was my problem but we planned to reassemble and test and replace as needed. My block was 10x worse than yours you got lucky, maybe you can get away with .20 over or so,

a802d5f48d73df643d3e6de908faa2d8.jpg

Looking at the erosion on that piston, I would not be reusing your injectors unless they are 100% gone through or completely replaced.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
Looking at the erosion on that piston, I would not be reusing your injectors unless they are 100% gone through or completely replaced.

The combination of too much fuel or too little air will have the same result – thermal growth or piston crown erosion. This can be attributed to clogged air intakes, restricted exhaust, malfunctioning turbo, incorrect fuel pump calibration, injector contamination, and of course, injection or engine timing.
I had a clogged intake and clogged cat. I had no prior issues of a bad or leaking injectors no smoke, no knock it ran perfect. Until I stepped on it, and it just choked and died.

kleake

Reaction score
I was looking at that same kit last night and thought it looked pretty good for the price. I already have new lifters, push rods, rockers, studs, exhaust, manifolds, up pipes, etc. Mostly just need bottom end stuff (bearings, pistons, rings, stage 1 cam, gaskets and some machine work. Gotta hunt down a competent machine shop around here next.

Arp studs
Chromoly pushrods
High rev valve spring
6.0 manis and up pipes
4” downpipe
5” exhaust

Strokersace

Reaction score
The combination of too much fuel or too little air will have the same result – thermal growth or piston crown erosion. This can be attributed to clogged air intakes, restricted exhaust, malfunctioning turbo, incorrect fuel pump calibration, injector contamination, and of course, injection or engine timing.
I had a clogged intake and clogged cat. I had no prior issues of a bad or leaking injectors no smoke, no knock it ran perfect. Until I stepped on it, and it just choked and died.

You're engine, your time, your money. Good luck.

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I was looking at that same kit last night and thought it looked pretty good for the price. I already have new lifters, push rods, rockers, studs, exhaust, manifolds, up pipes, etc. Mostly just need bottom end stuff (bearings, pistons, rings, stage 1 cam, gaskets and some machine work. Gotta hunt down a competent machine shop around here next.

Give them a call still they can work with you and build you a custom kit Paul is awesome

Roccafellas

Reaction score
You're engine, your time, your money. Good luck.

Hey I agree with what you’re saying the logic is good I just don’t have the funds right now to go ahead and do so so it’s going to sit until either decide to try it and test it and hope for the best or just go spend some money and get some new sticks

Strokersace

Reaction score
Give them a call still they can work with you and build you a custom kit Paul is awesome

I would be very leary of anything from Paul at Dynamic Diesel. See the thread on here about all the issues people have with their work...

Roccafellas

Reaction score
I would be very leary of anything from Paul at Dynamic Diesel. See the thread on here about all the issues people have with their work...

Yeah I’ve read the stories. Everyones got issues. To each there own really.
To the OP
GOODLUCK!

kleake

Reaction score
On the way to the machine shop to see what all is needed.

Hole all the way through.
Xasuaoj.jpg

Everything out. The crank looks really good, but i'll have it polished anyway.
x4P8Ny6.jpg

On the trailer ready for the machine shop.
lELXrV6.jpg

Roccafellas

Reaction score
i was referring to dynamic .

Hey man I had a somewhat bad experience too, everyones human, sucks to see this many people with bad reviews, but he treated me fair, my engines not together yet and running so no i dont know if his parts are built to spec or well for that matter but so far the machine shop and i have no issues. Sorry for other peoples losses.

kleake

Reaction score
Long story short, my block was too far gone. Bought a used motor in hopes of a usable block, but it was worse than mine. Found a good block from another forum member and had it shipped here. Machine shop took forever, but finally got to it. .020 over pistons and stage 1 cam showed up today and will be taken to the machine shop tomorrow. I hope they are faster at this last part so I can get it back. I've been down since october...
5151eb5c9537d2019ed8ce54df2fbc36.jpg
9862c289031e5ac0b5450a4447343bdb.jpg
fd53322900b14bc80dc63a9a6718bcf5.jpg
5df9efab2604a8be4b1234312d84712a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kleake

Reaction score
Picked up the block Friday and spent the weekend assembling. Didn't get the rear seal from the dealer and ran short on lube for the studs so I didn't get it back on the chassis yet, but it's close. Sure feels good to finally be going back together.

8cc238b7f8c3c5431c6cd881674bca84.jpg
3fa424ba9389fa8c5cd6d63994544af1.jpg
9171a0d2a83182c46fc636bf1a76c256.jpg
d5dd91159f86eb79ebf234768ed06582.jpg
d267329e14e8f64db94b865108f27307.jpg
9cd8ac57a2af6087b81c767e75c3fe31.jpg
3715e0f4ba3cb56a89625dd6594d956d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shafer171

Reaction score
Looking good. Glad to see I'm not the only one using a 2x to help my engine stand. Those Damn thing are heavy aren't they!

Latest posts

Members online