No wait to start light

01superduty

Reaction score
Thanks for the help in advance new to the forum I have a 2001 f350 7.3 4x4
Went out to start my truck the other morning was about 25 degrees out wasn't plugged in was at a college no wait to start light tried to start it any way just cranks also I have put anti gel in
I've replaced
Fuel bowl heater
Triple checked fuses
Replaced the batteries
Replaced ignition switch
No wires seem to be broken but will look again
This truck is how I work so I need it back any info would be awesome thanks again:bowfast:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the help in advance new to the forum I have a 2001 f350 7.3 4x4
Went out to start my truck the other morning was about 25 degrees out wasn't plugged in was at a college no wait to start light tried to start it any way just cranks also I have put anti gel in
I've replaced
Fuel bowl heater
Triple checked fuses
Replaced the batteries
Replaced ignition switch
No wires seem to be broken but will look again
This truck is how I work so I need it back any info would be awesome thanks again:bowfast:
did you check all fuses and relays that have to do with the pcm? if no wts light then there is a pcm issue.

live life full throttle

golfer

Reaction score
do you have a chip in the PCM? if so, remove key from ignition and remove chip...retry.

do your 12v power points in the dash work?

PCM fuse under hood?

01superduty

Reaction score
do you have a chip in the PCM? if so, remove key from ignition and remove chip...retry.

do your 12v power points in the dash work?

PCM fuse under hood?
12v power points ? What is that I have a chip that's been on since 3 years ago ill take it off
No fuses blown under good or anywhere else

Macon

Reaction score
Put the chip back in, try again. Could be a little corrosion on the contacts. If putting the chip back in works, I suggest pulling the PCM and taking care of the corrosion before it becomes problematic.

Macon

Reaction score
Just a guess. I know "open"contacts are prone to build up, and since his chip was working for so long, it makes a little sense. They're not prone to wear, but a little oxidation goes a long way

Arisley

Reaction score
I have had my chip do that once. Pulled it, started the motor. Shut it down, put the chip back in and it was fine. Took a while, I don't even like the keys in the same county when pulling a chip.

01superduty

Reaction score
Just a guess. I know "open"contacts are prone to build up, and since his chip was working for so long, it makes a little sense. They're not prone to wear, but a little oxidation goes a long way
How would you go about cleaning it could the chip just be burnt up I'd rather have a programmer on it

Arisley

Reaction score
Why would you rather have a programmer? A chip gives you shift on the fly, a programmer, you gotta say "Hang on a few minutes, I gotta load another program before I can race you."

01superduty

Reaction score
Why would you rather have a programmer? A chip gives you shift on the fly, a programmer, you gotta say "Hang on a few minutes, I gotta load another program before I can race you."
Haven't had alot of problems out of this truck but now it seems endless I keep blowing I think it's number 19 fuse inside cab truck start and runs but pedal has no response and gauages don't work you can put a new fuse in but it blows checked on here and it says shifter wire chaffes but that's not my problem it's good

Arisley

Reaction score
Yeah, you are right. Your chip is causing that, a programmer will fix it. If that doesn't work, try changing the air in your tires.

Latest posts

Members online