2010 or 2011?

Reaction score
Heres that TSB you were talking about:

2011-2013 F-Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel Engine - Runs Rough/Misfire During Exhaust Regeneration Process
See TSB: 13-05-09 for details. 13-05-09

Some 2011-2013 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a runs rough/misfire condition only during the exhaust regeneration process. This condition typically occurs on light throttle tip in between 64-113 Km/h (40-70 MPH), and will not set diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). The concern may be intermittent and a knocking noise may be present during the concern.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Step 1- Did the customer indicate the message center displayed a Cleaning Exhaust Filter message prior to the concern?
Yes - proceed to Step 2.
No - this article does not apply. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.

Step 2- Using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent, retrieve DTCs from the Powertrain Control Module. Are DTC's present?
Yes - this article does not apply. Refer to the PC/ED manual for normal diagnosis.
No - proceed to Step 3.

Step 3- Remove the left hand cylinder head. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01.
Replace all eight (8) exhaust valves and valve seals.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Man I have researched and cannot find a tsb on a early build to have 16 new exhaust valves on a pickup truck.

C & C maybe?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I looked this morning for the TSB on the paperwork of the work performed and mine says "verify concern test drove truck. Truck went in to regen ran ruff like missing. Found TSB 13-9-15 pre formed TSB test drive again to verify repair"
And they replaced 8 exhaust valves on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genie144

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I'm now officially looking for a 2011+. The black on black lariat from Rust York sold before my dealership could get it. I'm travelling this week but located another one in the area (ugly gold/tan on tan) from Arizona but has everything else I'm looking for - other than being a fugly color choice. Hoping to have the new truck in the stable to take advantage of some of the "sales" on Black Friday. I'm thinking EGR full delete, tuner, intake, IC pipe, and exhaust.

Sam

genie144

Reaction score
Well... I'm having really bad luck trying to buy a truck. The 2011 black on black sold night before the dealership could get it, 2011 fugly tan sold yesterday while I was in LA... Now it's looking line a 2010 so I can be done shopping.

This had been painful finding a truck.

Sam

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Keep looking until you find something that makes you happy. If you settle for the quick buy you'll regret it when the truck you were looking for pops up a few weeks later.

It'll be worth the wait and trouble of looking around so much.

genie144

Reaction score
Well, the dealership made me an offer I couldn't refuse... Getting the 2010. Black on black lariat. Not settling though - the truck is the exact color configuration and accessories as I would select (everything!).

Only thing I will need to add is a gooseneck.

Sam

Latest posts

Members online