What ever happened to the Straub cam crowd?

Zeb

Reaction score
I run 0.020”-0.025” recession, and new, stock springs on most everything.
What did the race truck weigh on the 2 different runs?
I don’t want to pick apart what you’re saying, and track mph is usually the best way to gauge hp, but e/t is much harder to get an accurate power number with, especially on a high hp setup.
I do think it is super cool that you’ve got a 7.3 putting up times like these!!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
On my truck it ran with no issue. I'm actually surprised how well it runs to be honest. It's a pretty well built setup but for having a 6 speed and a 83 feeding a 68vgt it spools really well. I have no issues driving it on the road. It's my dd actually. I haul with it, take the kids to school, and then truck pull at the local fairs. I have zero complaints. 6.4 by the way For what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bgdiesel

Reaction score
I run 0.020”-0.025” recession, and new, stock springs on most everything.
What did the race truck weigh on the 2 different runs?
I don’t want to pick apart what you’re saying, and track mph is usually the best way to gauge hp, but e/t is much harder to get an accurate power number with, especially on a high hp setup.
I do think it is super cool that you’ve got a 7.3 putting up times like these!!

Sorry this never showed up on my feed, for some reason. Thanks we are striving and pushing the Limits to help everyone see what they are capable of and eventually trickling down and improving the driving experience of street trucks of all kinds. We do use mph when we are looking at the calculator for input on increases or decreases in performance. Truck weighed 3625 on nitrous and fuel only weighed 3400. I would recommend checking seat pressure on all the valve springs and shimming up to 100lbs seat pressure and atleast your at the higher end of the recession specification but if you do end up having them off for any reason it is my opinion that you sink them further in the head to the specs that I listed and machine shop take the appropriate amount of material off of the valve stem to compensate for the extra depth.. this is it always and issue but we do it especially if the block has been decked at the same time during previous repairs and or customer still using original length 6.0 pushrods, it's just a good thing to do tonbe thorough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straubtech

Reaction score
Now for the rest of the story...
Cams are marketed by several companies including the EPG Group and Asheville Engines. Total sold to date is a little over 300 units in the PS 6.0/6.4. Feedback until now has all be 100% positive with several trucks winning in there respective competition arena's and several Hot Shoter's in love with the power and fuel mileage gains.

Dyno results on the cams compared to the others have all shown greater gains. Haven't seen a dyno result where my cams have been lower.

Now, P To V issues. This is engine building 101. If you got exhaust valves tagging pistons you got a clearance issue, valve spring issue, or the owner has a VERY heavy RIGHT foot and we are floating the valve train, hence needing more spring. P to V is a measurement checked during engine assembly.....if you have enough, it is fine, if you don't then you will have issues...The camshaft just doesn't go out on limb and decide to tag a piston because it wants too. Again this engine building 101.

Quality. These are 100% billet cores that are a 100% USA made. You can not regrind the stock OEM cores to get the correct distance between peak lifts on intake and exhaust. It is physically not possible. The camshaft is there to open and close valves. It is critical to open and close valves at the right time.

I have not been on here due to work load over the last few years. The growth of the business is a little humbling to me, but it also tells me we are doing good work and we have great customers. If I can answer anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Straubtech

Reaction score
On my truck it ran with no issue. I'm actually surprised how well it runs to be honest. It's a pretty well built setup but for having a 6 speed and a 83 feeding a 68vgt it spools really well. I have no issues driving it on the road. It's my dd actually. I haul with it, take the kids to school, and then truck pull at the local fairs. I have zero complaints. 6.4 by the way For what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the feed back we get.

Zeb

Reaction score
Now for the rest of the story...
Cams are marketed by several companies including the EPG Group and Asheville Engines. Total sold to date is a little over 300 units in the PS 6.0/6.4. Feedback until now has all be 100% positive with several trucks winning in there respective competition arena's and several Hot Shoter's in love with the power and fuel mileage gains.

Dyno results on the cams compared to the others have all shown greater gains. Haven't seen a dyno result where my cams have been lower.

Now, P To V issues. This is engine building 101. If you got exhaust valves tagging pistons you got a clearance issue, valve spring issue, or the owner has a VERY heavy RIGHT foot and we are floating the valve train, hence needing more spring. P to V is a measurement checked during engine assembly.....if you have enough, it is fine, if you don't then you will have issues...The camshaft just doesn't go out on limb and decide to tag a piston because it wants too. Again this engine building 101.

Quality. These are 100% billet cores that are a 100% USA made. You can not regrind the stock OEM cores to get the correct distance between peak lifts on intake and exhaust. It is physically not possible. The camshaft is there to open and close valves. It is critical to open and close valves at the right time.

I have not been on here due to work load over the last few years. The growth of the business is a little humbling to me, but it also tells me we are doing good work and we have great customers. If I can answer anything, don't hesitate to ask me.
I am not on here to bash, and I will not argue, or pick this apart, but have simply stated my real life experience as an installer, end user, and as someone who has dynoed multiple different cams, in the same motor, on the same dyno.
As I have stated before, I was very excited when these cams came out, but my real life experience with them has been expensive, and disappointing.

Reaction score
I am not on here to bash, and I will not argue, or pick this apart, but have simply stated my real life experience as an installer, end user, and as someone who has dynoed multiple different cams, in the same motor, on the same dyno.
As I have stated before, I was very excited when these cams came out, but my real life experience with them has been expensive, and disappointing.

It is a shame that others install parts and magically they are going to think that ONE component will be the save all for their engine build. With that being said we have done testing and our results and our findings and our sales have shown that what WE are doing as a company is working. Im not here to piss and moan, as I guarantee that I have more time then MOST in this matter. I am also not here to do a sales pitch either. We as a company spent a lot of time for product development in this category. I see it time and time again as we see others changing parts with out having a understanding of what they are doing as "engine builders". I am also not here to teach our business practices or the way we do things for others that are not OUR customers as the customers that deal with me know I am here to help them because they are supporting us as a SHOP. I even remember some others getting mad at me for not releasing cam specs to them... This made me very upset because lets face it guys even if we gave you the specs it is a bunch of #s your going to look at with no real understanding on what they truly mean. so why should we be asked to give away our work just to enlighten someone?? I don't feel it is correct business practice to do. It would be like calling up a carpenter asking him how to build stairs and going to the lumber yard and the asking him every step so you can absorb his knowledge and his years of experience to rob him of his intellectual property & services, Does that seem correct to anyone here? To me it does not.

Now I know some others called me up asking about these cams when we first started this project and got a lot of calls and questions. Great right?? NOPE all a bunch of guys that wanted to know what was going to make our cam so special and so different from others. I have no problem talking to others and sharing knowledge if your my customer. The other companies that are players in the cam world to my knowledge do not have comparison data on what cam was what and what netted them the best hp. They never had to as they were the first and only company that had a product to offer and most just started a trend..... I am not in the business of selling trends I am in business to sell Quality not just a part. This does not make them a poor choice of cam or junk it just means that every truck or owner has a viewpoint on what drives and runs better as an OPINION not factual data sometimes and that is what hurts the industry or a particular product line. One cam might have driven better mid-range, or another only drove good when lugged but lacked up top... It is a trade-off... The best of both worlds means what can you sacrifice to get to your hp or your opinion of a drive-able setup. When I told our experience with what we were doing it was with ALL of OUR products not anything else. IDk what you guys are or are not running but for me that's not the point. The point is that we give out advice only to be argued with, Lets face it I do not have time to be on the phones let alone on here typing away at this but it makes me feel like everyone wants to blame a part or product when i feel others things need to be addressed or taken into consideration. This happens to everything in our business from turbos to lift pumps to tires wheels so on and so forth. It is up to us as business to offer our packaged products as it is why we build products we feel fit the needs of the build and goals. Either way this is my 02 and my belief.

This place used to be filled with others who had a love for this and what we do, I feel because post like these it has driven the guys with knowledge away to better make use of their time as a business owner. I know for me it makes me not be as active anymore because everyone thinks they know it all, and for some this MAY or may-not be true. I can only give our experience with what WE do as a shop for our customers to help them better their future as a customer, to offer better products and push to the future on offering the best packaged products for your custom hp goals.

Again so we are CLEAR this is an open discussion not a war zone. Others get to easily offend and then makes Possible informational posts be not informal and nothing but bickering. If that is how this will go then This will be my last post on the matter.

Latest posts

Members online