Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.0 Aftermarket

Old 09-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default Best EGR ****** for 2006 6.0

I've looked with the search and found some old stuff but I'm still clueless. I've been looking at all the EGR ******s and want to find out what's worked the best for everyone. I'm new to Diesels so I'm still learning so bare with me.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

I like the welded egr which leaves the egr in place but not functional, but I have to pass a visual inspection here.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

I've seen people do tha. I don't have to worry about visual or any kind if inspection. I've looked at the Sinister, Rudys and IPR ******s.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

In stock ready to ship.

http://www.sideactiondiesel.com/60-_c_95.html
www.sideactiondiesel.com

6.4 FBD blocks

6.4 triple turbo kits

6.4 dual fuel kits

6.7 replacement and upgraded turbo's

Along with Allison,Dodge, Ford Converters and full transmission builds

Quality products
" The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Last edited by sideactiondiesel; 09-19-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Are the Rudys Diesel kits any good?
Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_PSD View Post
I like the welded egr which leaves the egr in place but not functional, but I have to pass a visual inspection here.
Exactly and it makes resale so much easier. AND if you travel through a region that does road side emissions inspections that is one less hassle to deal w/.

I prefer to be on the DL
05 original factory head gaskets and TTY bolts until 302k Did ARP 1 bolt at at time@ 250ftlbs, no egr Redhead steering gear KC 63.5mm... factory exhaust w/ no meow/factory intake all factory stuff, rancho 9K's adj, PM w/ questions
Old 09-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
Exactly and it makes resale so much easier. AND if you travel through a region that does road side emissions inspections that is one less hassle to deal w/.

I prefer to be on the DL
Would you just weld the stocker or go the route of "upgraded" to not worry about cracking from the heat cycles it's seen thus far.

On edit: I'm thinking this is a dumb comment... you reroute the coolant as well correct?

Last edited by LovinPSDs; 09-19-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:31 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Negative, with a welded cooler you are just blocking the flow of exhaust through the cooler. Water flow is unchanged. That's actually a point in favor of welding the cooler since you maintain OEM fitment. Sone people have trouble with leaks on aftermarket kits that sometimes don't fit as well as stock parts. Also, it looks like you have a 2006 so you have a scoop in the up-pipe that hinders exhaust flow. You will want to cut that out or get a pipe with it already removed to remove a giant flow restriction along with helping spool the turbo.

2005 F250 Harley CCSB
Old 09-20-2017, 06:33 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towerguy View Post
Negative, with a welded cooler you are just blocking the flow of exhaust through the cooler. Water flow is unchanged. That's actually a point in favor of welding the cooler since you maintain OEM fitment. Sone people have trouble with leaks on aftermarket kits that sometimes don't fit as well as stock parts. Also, it looks like you have a 2006 so you have a scoop in the up-pipe that hinders exhaust flow. You will want to cut that out or get a pipe with it already removed to remove a giant flow restriction along with helping spool the turbo.
Does anyone have a picture of this scoop. I'm not sure what your referring to
Old 09-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towerguy View Post
So if I weld freeze plugs in both ends of the EGR, remove the scoop in the up pipe do I need to put a block off plate in the up pipe too