205cc 100%
Madd's stage 3 vgt turbo
No limit intercooler piping
Elite diesel intake manifold
Steed speed exhaust manifolds
Cutting edge diesel uppipes
150/150 Fass fuel pump
Innovative Diesel custom tunes

Waiting on JD to get his crap together to get parts shipped, say as Matt and MikeLOL. The sooner these guys get him the parts the sooner I can put them on. I know I'm missing something. When I think of it I'll post it up. The truck will be dyno'd after all the parts are installed

strokin6L

Reaction score
sounds like a sweet build Shawn. Briar's truck dyno'd 623hp on Eric's dyno with Mad's stage 3 and 190/100's. Track time puts it at around 650ish tho. I bet the stage 3 with 205's and them manifolds could be close to 700.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Will be interested to see how it works out. The truck I have right now with the 200/150 and stage 3, is not up to what I like. I need to look at Y pipe for leaks and exhaust manifolds. Something is just not adding up, smokes too much and it shouldn't. When I get the tranny in it this week, and tighten everything thing up I'll be taking down the track next following week for trap speed to find out how much power I have. If the stage 3 doesn't clean up the injectors better I will be stepping it up to stage 4. I would go right to stage 4 now but I want to see what the stage 3 can do with this fuel. Let me know if I can help out with your build. looks like a good one. I'm pretty sure that a MTW stage 4 will be able with the 205 injectors to break 700rwhp.
I think you were talking about a MTW stage 3 ? when you stated madd stage 3. If not than don't mind me, just never heard of madd turbo I thought I was the only Mad turbo werks custom turbo building company. Thanks
If you were talking about one of my turbos I would be happy to help you out on the build just pm me.

Last edited:

Superblazin

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked to get this underway! I'm sure the vendors will come through and have everything sent up north to us this week! Then we await the ups man and customs!!

Adrian, it is one of your mtw stage 3's got it installed last weekend and have been having a blast with it so far!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked to get this underway! I'm sure the vendors will come through and have everything sent up north to us this week! Then we await the ups man and customs!!

Adrian, it is one of your mtw stage 3's got it installed last weekend and have been having a blast with it so far!

Ok, James right? you have 175/75 in your truck now. How's it run with those injectors in it, I was going to email you to find out i figured you should have had it in by now. I had the stage 3 with 175/75 and it was pretty sick, but the 200/150 are just nasty. I can't wait for you to get your truck on the dyno, and if the 205 are to big, I can up grade the stage 3 to 4 pretty easy. Glad your having fun, it's a hell of a turbo.

Last edited:

Superblazin

Reaction score
Hey buddy this is James, I haven't posted much as I am new to the forums, been more of a lurker for the last 6 months..

I installed the stage 3 last Friday. Ran it on my extreme x file! Let her warm up in the garage after the install, I let her finish the relearn and then headed out for its maiden cruise. Sure as **** the first light I get too as I get out of the subdivision, a cummins boy pulls up and starts to play. *The light changes as I contemplate rippin on it afraid of the tranny not being relearned. *Ahhh screw it. *I lay down into as he already has peeled off the line.

Boys the next few seconds were like being a teenager getting laid for the first time! I knew it was going to be exciting but had no idea what it I was getting into! Oh and it was over about as quick too!
The Truck pauses for a *couple seconds and the turbo lights! Holy crap dude it shoots off like a rocket! I caught him as i hit second gear and again chirps the tires! The turbo is whistling and sucking like standing by a commercial make up air unit! Cant tell ya what it was making for boost as i was doing all i could to hang on and enjoy the ride! It grabs 3rd gear and again hear rubber, it starts to get a little squirrelly and I back out as I'm approching the s bends in the road! Cummins dude is now several lenghts behind! I honestly have not felt that much power since my 12,000 *$ done up chevy 468 big block.
Got two thumbs up at the next lights from dodge boy!

Next I go to head out on to the highway to see what else she has. Hit 40 psi on wot and was doing 110 mph before i even got to the end of the ramp, Egt's only got to 1375. Every time I tried.

At 70 mph on cruise. Rolling small hills Egt's were between 875 on flat and 1250, 4 psi boost.

Rolling into it from 60 to 100 mph would show 6psi then go to *28-30 psi. Hard to tell if therenis a mid rage as the truck is really moving in this upper range and 5th gear

Truck honestly has never felt so good! After this run I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital as I'm sure I had wood for more than 4 hours!

Next day I switched to the extreme street file, we put about 500 miles on it all highway with some extreme grades, one hill is about 3 miles long as you climb out of a valley! I left it on cruise at 70 mph it held 20 psi and 1300-1350 was the hottest it got on the peak of the climb.

This truck is not my daily driver and I haven't had a chance to drive or refuel to see what the mpg was like for the trip!

Real impressed with the stage 3 so far.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Very nice. The lag you talk about is it a bad lag or is it well worth it? Lol
And what injectors are you running and is any fuel takin out of your tune?

windrunner408

Reaction score
Very nice James. Everything you mention is what I notice with my Stage 3 (except my max EGTs are about 1500F). So far with my truck (as long as I don't just floor it from a dead stop), this turbo spools just as fast as my stock turbo does and like you said it, it's like the boost just jumps when it builds it. So far the only thing I can't have happen is to have my truck in OD at 45 mph as this turbo (so far anyways) just doesn't want to light at that rpm. It will build about 2 psi and that's it and the EGTs just start climbing until I hit about 50 mph and then the boost will come on when I throttle down. I'm sure some tweaking of the tuning may be able to help it at the very low rpm speed as well, we'll see.

Glad to hear you like it. What do you think of the whistle?? I know for me at first I didn't really dig it, but now it has really grown on me. I can't wait to see what you do with a set of 205s in er. Best of luck for sure and keep smoking the cummins fags.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm current running Mad's hybrid with my 190/75's and plan on upgrading to the stage 3. Sounds like it runs pretty damn good with the 175/75's.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Nate, you might be able to fix that by changing your shift points

Oh yea I know Chris. My Xtreme X tune that I have from Eric keeps it in fifth until 55 mph (always) and I dont have that problem with that tune. Even my Looney Wild doesn't shift into OD until about 55-60 mph when I use about 1/4 throttle or more. It only shifts into OD at 45mph with very light throttle (i.e. less than like 17% according to my CTS). I just feel like my Looney Wild is a stronger running tune in my truck is all so that is why I live with it and again it only really matters if it shifts into OD at 45 while I'm going up a hill. Because if I am on the flat ground, it doesn't matter and I can just power through it, but the speed limit where I live (in this little bum f@ck town) is 45 mph and the cops are pricks (don't get me started on cops) and will pull you over if you're doing 47mph. So that is why I just don't even do 50 mph because the truck would be fine with that going up a hill in OD as long as I wasn't pulling something.

windrunner408

Reaction score
If that turbo gets it 650 I'm going to be pissedLOL

sounds like a sweet build Shawn. Briar's truck dyno'd 623hp on Eric's dyno with Mad's stage 3 and 190/100's. Track time puts it at around 650ish tho. I bet the stage 3 with 205's and them manifolds could be close to 700.

I don't think he'll hit 700hp with this turbo and 205s. I don't even think he would be able to hit 700hp if he had a Stage 4 with 205s (of course it would be close). I think he'll end up in the 650 to 680hp range with his setup. JMO of course.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'm current running Mad's hybrid with my 190/75's and plan on upgrading to the stage 3. Sounds like it runs pretty damn good with the 175/75's.

Yea Chris, the Stage 3 should work just fine with your size injectors. I firmly believe that this turbo with true 190/100s is a 620-650hp turbo and due to the fact that you have 75% nozzles, which of course is going to limit you slightly in the upper rpm range, I think you'll be looking at 570-600hp with your truck. JMO of course.

Latest posts

Members online