Oil color after ********

jvgviper1

Reaction score
For those who are ******d, does the oil look clean after a oil change? Or still sooty?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It's a diesel. And it will still soot load without those parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Still gets dirty pretty fast...

Most diesels will have black oil right after the first start up post oil change. It's the status quo if you will. My customers that use my oil and a couple of other high performance oils don't blacken quite as fast. But that's so out of the ordinary that people used to say my oil, and the others, weren't working. I will be making a video soon about this. I'll post the link here for you. However, you could have a broken ring, sticky injector, or a very badly maintained engine. If you want to know, shoot me a DM and we can properly test the oil.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Changed my oil recently, and it was gold. Have 2k since the last change, and still looks clean, starting to slowly get dirty.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My 2001 7.3 when I changed with mobile one fully synthetic stayed golden for about 10,000 miles, I would change it about every 15,000. My 2016, 6.7, gets dirty After the 1st deff regen cycle. I am told it is because of the deff recycling its gasses into the crankcase And manifold

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Unless you are making sure the entire block is dry and clean from the last oil used, it's going to be dirty/sooty regardless of the oil you use. I recall the dry motor refill is like 15 qts, and a normal change is 13 qts.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
6.4/6.7 will dirty the oil almost immediately. they have so much blow by from loose rings it isnt even funny. factor in a dirty tune and all bets are off.

F150orelse

Reaction score
My oil stays pretty clean brown until about 7k or so. Now my tractors on the other hand the oil would be black.

F

Floorboard79

Mine stays gold a few thousand miles vs immediate black when egr was alive
My ******d cummins and p pumped 24v stayed clean for awhile after the initial soot was washed out of the engine.
My 6.9 turns black quick but its worn out

cappa

Reaction score
Same here, been ******d for 40000km and my oil stays golden for 3000k or so. Pretty good I thought as stock it would be black after the first drive

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine stays a pretty red color for a few hundred miles. Depending on how hard i drive it.. i have 1000 miles on this oci and it is still redish and sorta transparent still.. my 12 that is.

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Comparing the 6.7 vs 7.3...when I change the oil on 6.7, it ***king black compared when I change the oil in the 7.3. It seems like the 6.7 is hard on the oil. I run 5w40 synthetic in the 6.7.

Plus, the 6.7 is all stock. The 7.3 build up is in the sig.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Jomax

Reaction score
That's why I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of all the emission crap off my '16. Just not very versed in all the different types of tuners out there. I want something like my 6 position TS chip that I have in my '97 where I can change tunes on the fly.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Just talk to Mike.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Just talk to Mike.

I did and still confused. I need a comparison chart for the pros and cons of each tuner. I need stuff written down so I can read and compare. I am clueless to this new tuning stuff. I could tell you this, I don't want anything on my cell phone. I am old school.

Also, I want to be able to speak with the person writing the tunes. I hate going through a middle man. Going through a middle man, issue(s) could get misconstrued and not fixed which wasted both of our time.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online