fluidamper fan spacer issue

505yam

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with their belt squealing after installing a fluidamper and the required fan spacer on an OBS?

The belt squeal happens when its warm out and above 2000 rpm, I have determined that it is the belt slipping on the water pump pulley and not any other pulleys trying to lock up. But I never had any issues before the fluidamper install.

any thoughts?

Swaan

Reaction score
You prob contaminated the belt during install. Greese or oil or coolant. Sometimes the only remedy for that is a new belt.

505yam

Reaction score
already tried new belt, then new tensioner, then a shorter belt and it never changed...

I have wondered if moving the fan closer into the shroud makes the fan work harder (drawing more air across the radiator due to the tighter clearance of fan and shroud) but I would this this would be a know problem if it was the case?

Swaan

Reaction score
Wierd.

Shouldn't be squealing , your fan shouldn't even be spinning full speed . Your fan clutch should be almost freewheeling.

I didn't use that spacer. Just put a plastic 6.0 fan on it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Wierd.

Shouldn't be squealing , your fan shouldn't even be spinning full speed . Your fan clutch should be almost freewheeling.

I didn't use that spacer. Just put a plastic 6.0 fan on it.
That's what I did and had zero issues.

mandkole

Reaction score
Have you checked alignment of the pulleys ? 5/16 key stock works good.

For grins verify belt routing again. It's slipping on an accessory that takes more power to turn. I'd be leaning to the coincidence something failing.

505yam

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s any other accessory because it goes away when I take the fan off and drive it. Obviously I can’t leave it like that though.

So the 6.0 plastic fan works fine without the spacer?

If that’s the case I will find one and try it.

Latest posts

Members online