Looking to buy my first diesel...

nathandiesel

Reaction score
I feel like I'm writing a personal ad for match.com or something...

I'm looking to purchase my first diesel. Have always driven pickups in the past, but with my new business, we need more towing capabilities and a diesel is the way I want to go.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've tried to do as much research as possible (yes, I'm one of those guys...) on what I'd like. Found what I think is a good deal on a 07 F250 with low miles.

It is bone stock and has no issues and all reports come up clean. I don't want to dump tons of money in the truck but I also understand I need to invest in what will help it last another 150k. I guess my question to you guys would be would you even recommend messing with the 6.0? I've read a lot of different things saying that once you get them right, they're great motors, and that preventative maintenance is key. I don't have the budget to spend 60k on a new truck, and finding a 7.3 that's in good shape that doesn't have 200k on it is borderline impossible. And even if you do, they're not far off of what I would be paying for this 6.0 I found with half the miles.

What would be the first recommendations to modify the truck? I'm not looking to push stupid horsepower or speed, I want dependability and towing capacity. Thanks in advance!

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
6.0 is a great motor if not abused and maintenance is up to date. I've had 2 of them and love them both. Egr is key to do first. Head gasket and stud upgrade is always a good idea but not necessary all the time it just depends on your use. But search the site and ask around man. Members always willing to help. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA. As stated, do all the deletes and perform regular maintenance and you'll be good to go. Welcome to the diesel world as well! Let me know if I can help you price those parts.