The Baddest Bypass Filtration You Can Imagine

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Ill keep yall in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ummmm hi🙋

The 3/8 plug is an option for pressure, but ive heard that sone replacement covers don't have it. So thats why I was thinking of getting a tee for the pressure sensor. The return is a little trickier, there really isn't an easy place to do it on a 6.4. The 6.0 might have a place on one of the valve covers.

T it in to the oil drain plug.. as in take plug out, add T fitting, run return into the side of the t then put a fummoto valve on bottom of t...

live life full throttle

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I see you Jake!
I don't see why that wouldn't work. There is residual pressure so the head pressure in the sump shouldn't matter.

Jomax

Reaction score
I see you Jake!
I don't see why that wouldn't work. There is residual pressure so the head pressure in the sump shouldn't matter.

I would be worried about the hose getting snagged off-road.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Also a good in point. A forum member mentioned to me last night about the ccv return tube.

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I drilled and tapped into the side of my fill tube. About 3/4 of the way down at a slight angle so it dumps straight into the vavle cover and you can still open the cap if you need to.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That's probably what I would do, but if this is going onto the market it needs to be easy enough for the shadetree guys to not have trouble. That's why you see all the cap based installs. Its easy and quick.

Halestorm55

Reaction score
Fill tubes are only like $20 list from ford and could be included in the kit with the fitting already installed. Has to be about the same as a metal cap and fitting. Just for cleaner looks and ease of filling with oil and checking for blowby. I'll send you a pic of how mine is routed back in. I like the way mine is done vs going into the cap, looks cleaner and its hidden by the heater valve.

Halestorm55

Reaction score
Here you go. No judging the truck is nasty and it is dark when I get home so I haven't been able to give it a good bath. The filter will be getting moved down to the framerail with the coolant filter when I get a chance so I have more room up top and less clutter. Only have the fitting and one line visible if you pop the hood.
eb8e5c586502f463851f3bf713213e87.jpg

42c9029b0b3a71bcf6b5967e63a818ce.jpg

Sent from my N9835 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's probably what I would do, but if this is going onto the market it needs to be easy enough for the shadetree guys to not have trouble. That's why you see all the cap based installs. Its easy and quick.

billet filler tube with a AN fiting out the side for the ballers... actually would be way nice since they are a composite tube from the factory..

live life full throttle

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I like that idea for the 6.0 and 7.3, but the 6.4 is a little more complicated. And when you drop off your girl I'm going to have to look at your 6.7 Jake.

psduser1

Reaction score
What's the price point on one of these?

This may be a factor.
All the engines don't necessarily need to be the same, but it would make the setup more versatile.
I ask about return size, because the sideline filter on our 3208 is 1/2".
Maybe a nice adaptor with the appropriate size return line adaptor that threads in between the fill tube and the valve cover?

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That would work as well. I wonder how similar the 6.0 and 7.3 are there. I know the 6.4 isn't even close obviously

Latest posts

Members online