Edge CTS2 monitor problems

Dieselpusher

Reaction score
Hey there! I got a 97' 7.3. Bought a CTS2 last Aug. since then I have had this problem with it shutting of while driving. I been bearing with it cuz I like the monitor and I need it for the EGT readings while towing. Contact Edge they had me update the software, it still shut off. Next they had me pull my ts chip, it still shut off. Next they had me pull the monitor and put it in my car, monitor worked fine in my car. Next they had me send the unit and cable back so they could check to see if unit was functioning proper. They sent a new unit back to me with a letter saying they checked the old unit and it was working fine but were sending me a new unit that had been check and was good. I plugged in the NEW unit and drove to work got to work and it shut off. Next they told me that the 7.3 specifically the 97's were susceptible to losing communications with PCM through the OBDII recommended I check the fuse, I did it was good, I cleaned the OBDII with contact cleaner also. Soooooooooo looooooooooooong story getting shorter I have the truck scheduled to go into the shop and have PCM, fuse wiring/to the OBDII port check to hopefully figure out WHY the CTS2 LOSES COMMUNICATIONS and goes to sleep while driving. Question: IS THERE ANY BODY ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ISSUE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANY THING YOU GOT. :fustrate: Thanks Mark

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.