Surging issue while driving but not with cruise control

gthorn21

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0 I bought the truck needing some work. It had misfire, checked FICM found voltage falling, replaced with a good used one off a parts truck I have, also found alternator not charging found wire going to dash display for battery light broken under P/S reservoir got that fixed and then found some bad Injectors replaced all four on drivers side and that took care of that. Took truck for test drive and had a surging issue, had an ICP code found it leaking oil thru sensor replaced sensor and pigtail. Test drove again truck is still surging but I did notice of you set the cruise control surge seemed to go away. Put throttle pedal from good running truck in it with same issue. Only code it has now is FICM software incompatibility fault, took truck to Ford today so they could flash all computers with latest software. Was wondering if anyone has run into an issue like this before and what would be some good things to check if the software updates do not fix the issue.

6.0SAM-MAN

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0 I bought the truck needing some work. It had misfire, checked FICM found voltage falling, replaced with a good used one off a parts truck I have, also found alternator not charging found wire going to dash display for battery light broken under P/S reservoir got that fixed and then found some bad Injectors replaced all four on drivers side and that took care of that. Took truck for test drive and had a surging issue, had an ICP code found it leaking oil thru sensor replaced sensor and pigtail. Test drove again truck is still surging but I did notice of you set the cruise control surge seemed to go away. Put throttle pedal from good running truck in it with same issue. Only code it has now is FICM software incompatibility fault, took truck to Ford today so they could flash all computers with latest software. Was wondering if anyone has run into an issue like this before and what would be some good things to check if the software updates do not fix the issue.

gthorn21,

Did you ever get this issue Figured out? I have been scouring the web for 2 days looking for this exact issue, but there are so many surging problems with the 6.0 That you have to wade through them all to find an answer. My 05 is doing this exact same thing, and I cannot for the life of me understand why it doesn't surge on cruise control. Please let me know if you found a solution to this issue,

Thank you,

Eric

Jtreece

Reaction score
Ever get this figured out? I changed the LPOP and now mine is surging and almost dying on the highway.

Jtreece

Reaction score
Well we pulled the main front cover and found it to be grooved badly. We are putting it back together this week and hopefully it fixes my problem.

Latest posts

Members online