Mike Singer Alternators

Rob

Reaction score
If you wait a week I am working on some custom alternators that I should have at least one in my hand on Tuesday. The alternator I'm working on will have factory engineered parts and will do 190 amps at idle and 250 at full tilt. I will retail them for 469 and have options for premade cables to update your charging system.

What ever happened to these custom alternators?

What is "custom" about them?

NEVRNF

Reaction score
That's a lot of $$$, but it's competitive to what I paid for my Mechman alternator.

I second the Mechman, Have had one on my Swap for 5 years and this thing cranks. my stereo runs around 2400 watts with 3 amps and this thing can keep up at idle with a 170 amp draw only dropping .5 to .75 volts from its 14.5 average.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I second the Mechman, Have had one on my Swap for 5 years and this thing cranks. my stereo runs around 2400 watts with 3 amps and this thing can keep up at idle with a 170 amp draw only dropping .5 to .75 volts from its 14.5 average.

Which Mechman do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Jimdawg185... Since you are asking about the Mechman, I take it that the alternators Matt had never worked out?

I don't know really. They aren't on the website.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I've got three trucks that are going to need high output alternators in the near future. I've always delt with Ohio Generator in the past. But I wouldn't mind trying something different.

Rob

Reaction score
You can still get the alternator that Matt was referring to. I'm not sure why Matt at first called it "custom", and then claimed it was in a "custom case" because the "black beast" that was in Matt's photo and video looks precisely like a standard off the shelf Prestolite / Leece-Neville AVi1602002-2 in the same case that it has always been available in as a commercial duty Ford replacement 230 amp alternator that Leece-Neville has offered since 2009.

That's why I asked Matt what he meant by "custom", because he said "I am working on some custom alternators" but then presented the AVi1602002-2.

I'm shopping for a couple of good alternators too... with low cut in amperage and high thermal capacity. The trouble with the high dollar Mechman and DC Power Engineering Inc 370 amp alternators is that the high amperage rating has a higher cut in... producing less amperage at idle than similar hairpin designs from the same two companies that have a lower amperage rating, like the 240A, as an example.