Map line T fitting

95powersmoker

Reaction score
I was driving home today on the Interstate traveling about 65-70 and I punched it and my boost only went to 15psi...

I got home and popped the hood, Looks like the rubber portion where the boost line goes into and the rubber piece wraps around the barbed T fitting isn't sitting right on the T fitting... If that wasn't sitting on the fitting right, would it measure less boost? I know I make more than that... Is there a different T fitting other than the Autometer plastic one? Or should i just figure a way to seat this rubber piece much more solid?

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
The t fitting isnt cracked or anything is it, did you take it out and inspect it? i would think that would be kinda hard to break, but maybe its old and brittle. Im sure you could find a ss t-fitting at like napa or something, then you could tighten down those lines nice and firm and not worry about it leaking.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would switch out that cheap Autometer tee for some brass parts. 1/16 compression works for the normal mapline tube. The Parker store also has some great parts to quick connect the airlines.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I built my T fitting outa 3 brass pieces from napa. Works flawlessly with my isspro boost line/gauge.

I'm sure if it wasn't seated correctly that's where you lost boost.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Same here. Can't stand that plastic crap you get in the kits. Build your own. Put new rubber hose on too. That way you know there's no issues inside the old one.

oneton

Reaction score
I built my T fitting outa 3 brass pieces from napa. Works flawlessly with my isspro boost line/gauge.

I'm sure if it wasn't seated correctly that's where you lost boost.

:whs:,except i got the fittings from discount/advance whatever they are calling it now

Tom S

Reaction score
If you have a Parker store in your area the 1/16 air line kicks butt over the stuff packaged with most gauges. Way more kink resistant and not expensive.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Not sure about a Parker store, But I will run down to the Napa or O'Rielly's tomorrow and pick up some pieces to make a brass T.

It was definitely a bit unnerving to have it only hit 15psi on the way home...

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Not sure about a Parker store, But I will run down to the Napa or O'Rielly's tomorrow and pick up some pieces to make a brass T.

Must be nice. I saw 18 on mine once....LOL

superduty4x4

Reaction score

Hardware store dude, I almost guarantee you'll get what you need cheaper than Napa or Orielly's will have it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Home Depot...

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    370.6 KB · Views: 44

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
WHS^^^ home depot has the same stuff cheaper than most places. And it may make a difference in the boost it reads, but its a vacuum so it should be trying to suck it together than blow apart

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Don't feel like driving 35 miles to the nearest home depot. Would much rather just get it in town.

Are the barbed sides 1/4" or 1/8"?

The tubing I have is 1/8" so just need to find a compression fitting.

Strokersace

Reaction score
What Joe said. Line is 1/4". If your boost line is 1/8" then get a compression fitting that will fit it accordingly w/ whatever size NPT the "t" is on the other.

Latest posts

Members online