97 Brakes

89 Stroker

Reaction score
1997 F350, would a bad rotor cause a steering pull when braking? replaced Calipers, Pads, Pins obviously. get a squeak and pull coming from the left side, does not matter what the temp is, will do it right off the bat. gonna order new Brake hoses for the front, have read that could be the problem, any other ideas? Rotors have not been turned since i have owned it, also get small pulsing in the brake pedal.

brewer

Reaction score
May be possible but it's usually more likely an issue with a caliper or brake line. Brake lines can collapse internally causing a blockage. Keep in mind that usually a pull is caused by the brakes on the opposite side of the pull.

89 Stroker

Reaction score
Replaced the rotors, now everything is new upfront, gonna replace the brake lines today, still get a pull to the left when braking, drove it this morning and had the passenger front brakes smoking, I’m assuming since new rotors and pads they need to wear in?

brewer

Reaction score
If you have a left pull and the right side is smoking after regular use, then it seems you have a problem with the passenger side. New rotors shouldn't cause it to smoke on one side. Something is causing the caliper to stick. Likely either the caliper, slides, or brake line.

I believe master cylinders can sometimes cause sticking, but in this case it seems unlikely. How clean is your brake fluid?

Last edited:

89 Stroker

Reaction score
If you have a left pull and the right side is smoking after regular use, then it seems you have a problem with the passenger side. New rotors shouldn't cause it to smoke on one side. Something is causing the caliper to stick. Likely either the caliper, slides, or brake line.

I believe master cylinders can sometimes cause sticking, but in this case it seems unlikely. How clean is your brake fluid?

left pull comes when braking hard, replaced both front lines, no change really, bled the front brakes several times to get any air out and to somewhat flush the lines.

brewer

Reaction score
If it was me I'd probably next take the line off the passenger side caliper and have someone pump and look at the flow coming out. Do the same at the proportioning valve on the driver side.

Latest posts