Weird "loping" idle

BOHICA256

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/109718296
Hopefully the video works, if not I'll have to post it when I get home. (Sorry for the length)
It was a "cold start" but it wasn't cold at all outside. It acted up like this a couple days later also. Sounds like it's missing or something? Anybody have some advice on what may be the problem? It doesn't do this every time I start it in the mornings. Just every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOHICA256

Reaction score
are the rpms fluctuating with the lope ?

I didn't have the rpms set on the mini Maxx but yes I could see the rpm needle moving slightly with the lope.
This video was 4 days later. You can hear the lope better. It does it at idle but when I give it the slightest amount of throttle, like 1% it gets it worse, then the higher I go, above 2% you can't tell. And these are Gearhead tunes, it's not me messing with the MCC trying to make a lope tune.
https://vimeo.com/110030479

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Well then..

No I haven't, I figured it was something mechanical wise. But I guess I should try that.

RedRice589

Reaction score
To be honest watch rail pressure but mine does that at times also. Yours may be more noticeable with the stack. You can watch it fluctuate..... been doing it for 40k miles. Well now with gearheads tunes it sounds like a 6.4 lol

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Yeah my rail pressure fluctuates along with the pulse width. I deleted a little after 100K and I'm at 120K so I was just thinking maybe an injector lol

BOHICA256

Reaction score
I emailed Matt and he said to not worry about it because 11's do weird stuff like this I guess? Lol. It hasn't done it in a while so I guess i will see how it does when it starts to actually get colder. If it is actually something wrong I would think the cold starts would show it pretty well.

Latest posts

Members online