Engine stalls when braking hard

rusty1161

Reaction score
Yesterday, this happened to me three times in my economy tune. The speeds were 40-50 mph to zero. Truck restarted each time and ran fine. I am thinking TC not unlocking fast enough or at all. Anyone else experience this? I didn't think about this cause until today and will be trying a different tune.

Thanks.

Rusty

Bugman

Reaction score
Pull the chip and see if it still does it. If it works fine without the chip then you have a chip programing issue.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Pull the chip and see if it still does it. If it works fine without the chip then you have a chip programing issue.

That is better than my plan so far, I just switched tunes.

I sure am hesitant to bit the brakes hard in any traffic, it sure is an uneasy feeling when this thing stalls like that.

Thanks.

Rusty

rusty1161

Reaction score
Close to a year.

And the truck is only driven once a week, I had the chip pulled for a little while troubleshooting another issue, and I have driven it in different tunes trying them all out for drivability, smoke, mpg, etc. So, I don't have a good reference point for exactly how long or how many hard stops I've made in this tune/tunes.

Rusty

Bugman

Reaction score
To test it get off of the main streets and find yourself a large parking lot with nothing around but light poles and then figure it out.