What Do You Tow?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Some of you people crack me up with your trailer loading knowledge. Please critic this load. LOL

51f15281408d8475579c77479a7b5fba.jpg

F#kin heavy!!!! Dozer plus skid steer would be about 20k. Trailer another 6500. My best guess (unless you have 12k axles) is that you had to be loaded a little heavy toward the front to keep from overwieghting the trailer axles.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
About 20k including trailer.

IMG_2205.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ok, so that ain't a D4? Looking at the pic with my phone so the pic looks small so I cant tell for sure but cant imagine the dozer is less than 10k. A pretty decent size skid steer with tracks should be at least 7k.

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
The dozer is a d3 and the skid steer is a 257. Not sure what they way individually but gross weight on that was b42,000 lbs.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The dozer is a d3 and the skid steer is a 257. Not sure what they way individually but gross weight on that was b42,000 lbs.

Holy chit....that is even heavier than I thought. Now you have me curious. What are you rated for (gross)? I assume those are 12k axles on the trailer?

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Watch the doors on the dump trailer. I know a guy who has a PJ, which is probably built the same way. His has little wire hooks that hook the doors to the sides while dumping that like to come unhooked and when you pull away the doors bend up. He now holds his doors open with bungee strap.

Not sure if they are built the same way, but I know a lot of PJ and Load Trails are basically the same trailer.

Nice call on the damn doors, less than two months in and I broke a flange straight off, off for warranty it goes... :swordfight::swordfight::swordfight:

JD3020

Reaction score
Took our new Cat out on the job for the first time today. Now if we could just get our new trailer built that we ordered back in the middle of August. So much for a 6-8 week build time. :cursing:
10698446_10205285455278361_5803750900024851169_n.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
Overall its 10x more comfortable. The cab and interior absolutely blow the B's out of the water, and its a bit nicer than the C's. Front and side visibility is also extremely good. Ours has a heated and air ride seat which is pretty slick. Its also super easy to get in and out of. And thats about where the compliments end. LOL

There is a noticeable delay in the controls which i HATE, C's have it as well. They now have a DPF, re-gen, and will idle up automatically if you let it sit. Because of the DPF the rear is now a lot taller, might as well paint the rear window black as there is no rearward visibility. Unless of course everything you're looking at is up higher than the skid steer. Did i mention the controls suck? The engine compartment is crammed full of **** due to the DPF. And a few other random things i don't like.

Our other machine is one of the last 236B's made before they went to these D's, so its just like all the older Cat skid steers. Sure i like the cab on this new machine, its like comparing an OBS to a 2015. But our B is 10x the machine when it comes to actually getting out and working. I put 4 hours on this D today and i'm starting to get used to it, still not liking it.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Overall its 10x more comfortable. The cab and interior absolutely blow the B's out of the water, and its a bit nicer than the C's. Front and side visibility is also extremely good. Ours has a heated and air ride seat which is pretty slick. Its also super easy to get in and out of. And thats about where the compliments end. LOL

There is a noticeable delay in the controls which i HATE, C's have it as well. They now have a DPF, re-gen, and will idle up automatically if you let it sit. Because of the DPF the rear is now a lot taller, might as well paint the rear window black as there is no rearward visibility. Unless of course everything you're looking at is up higher than the skid steer. Did i mention the controls suck? The engine compartment is crammed full of **** due to the DPF. And a few other random things i don't like.

Our other machine is one of the last 236B's made before they went to these D's, so its just like all the older Cat skid steers. Sure i like the cab on this new machine, its like comparing an OBS to a 2015. But our B is 10x the machine when it comes to actually getting out and working. I put 4 hours on this D today and i'm starting to get used to it, still not liking it.

Haha well it's what I expected a new machine to be I suppose. We took our 277C's to finning and they got rid of that ****ty delay though! Air Ride is slick! Favourite skid steer is an older Bobcat T300. Foot pedals or joysticks and zero delay. Little gutless and less refined but a productive machine for sure!

Latest posts

Members online