Maximum, sustainable RWHP for a stock, 5R110 before upgrading? Experienced conclusions only.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I recommend 30k service intervals of the fluid and toilet paper filter, earlier wouldn't hurt anything. Jomax on here has a 6.7 he drains and fills every 15k I believe and beats the chit out of his trans, towing on race tunes, burn outs with the trailer on, etc. and hasn't had any issues. Granted its a different trans, but his is weaker than the 11-14s, and guys have chit those with driving unloaded and tuned.

CumminsKiller115

Reaction score
I may be very late chiming in here but as of Thursday (7/20/17) my stock trans finally gave up the ghost around 600rwhp. Granted like 6.0Tech said, my truck has been through abuse....burnouts, donuts, drag racing, sled pulls, you name it I've probably done it. It all depends how you drive I guess, if you drive like me then you're gonna be call David at Red Diamond like I had to do. However, that's a call I don't regret I'm ready to get my new trans in here 🙌🏼

Somkedya

Reaction score
What's recommended as far as maintenance? My truck has 111k on it and not knowing if it's ever had a trans fluid change kinda scares me to do so. I've owned it since 90k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done alot of research into this the 2 things I would recommend is maintaining the trans there is a additive that u can get at autoparts stores designed for Motorcraft lv fluid but anything over stock power up grade the epc solenoid to increase line pressure gives a more firm shift with greater pressure to clamp clutches together and upgrade direct drive solenoid its modified to allow more fluid to keep from slipping the clutches but just upgrading to direct drive solenoid won't do anything with out the epc the epc is wat is going to increase the fluid and line pressure to the clutches and tuning but like stated before nothing will last long with stupidity

Latest posts

Members online