1st Time Breakdown Question

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
This forum hasn't failed me to date. 05', Egr cooler/ valve ******, blue spring update, new sinister cac pipes & boots, rebuilt ficm ,running TSD's SPD tune/ Livewire monitor. Stock everywhere else.
- Trucks about to turn 150k in lesa than 5k miles. My profession supplies my vehicle so its not a daily driver and no, it doesn't get driven nearly enough. 1st issue ever, long start and a few times stalled under mid to high throttle. No cel's or code besides maybe a 299 which I quit paying attention. Parameters all looked good to
begin with, the ones I can monitor, but haven't put the fuel or egt gauges in yet. It would stall like I ran fuel out or bowl, and restart same way. Take a few times to
cycle fuel to catch and she'd run like new again. Over a two week period I dont think it got worse but the last run I was trying to make it happen ans pull icp (which I did to no change and noticed the icp's dropping as well as battery voltage. Naturally the excessive starting and ran the batteries down and haven't had time to fool with it yet.Turn key on and lights dash lights just flicker. I thought after setting a week they would build up enough to at least turn it over. So trickle charging batteries now. May have killed one or both, but dont think I just ficm. I need to change dummies and STC fittings anyway and will get at the ipr and pressure test. I'll take anymore suggestions, critiques, and does anyone think diagnosing is better under stock tuning? Ive not even had chance to check water but dummy light never came on. Didn't intend to write a novel but thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
Get the batteries charged and load tested. Then check ficm logic voltage and ficm output voltage. Next, what is fuel pressure?

What is ICP voltage when it starts to act up?

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Get the batteries charged and load tested. Then check ficm logic voltage and ficm output voltage. Next, what is fuel pressure?

What is ICP voltage when it starts to act up?

It was IPR Sootie. Thanks for feedback. I went ahead and replaced ICP while I was at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online