2 rebuilt transmission now a new transmission still not working

Jonesy18

Reaction score
ive been in a battle with my truck for a little over a year. talked with multiple ford engine and transmission techs. 2004 f250 10" of lift 37" tires airdog 2 fuel pump. 165/30 injectors stage one powermax turbo, afe air filter, 4.30 gears trutrac in the rear. I plan on bigger injectors and turbo after the trans is fixed and doing some truck pulls. I wanted to beef up the transmission before I put it in a competition. I bought a sun coast high performance kit, billet input shaft, gogo direct drive solenoid, and precision industries stallion torque converter. I am doing all of the work. After rebuilding the transmission and installing. first test drive goes great. Then i notice on a hot start up i have to rev the engine to about 800 rpms to engage drive, reverse engages just fine. Once it is engaged once everything is normal i can put it back park then to drive and it engages just fine every time after the first time. i figured i screwed something up, this was my first transmission rebuild. I removed transmission several times to check everything bought all new pistons and installed them. new upgraded valve body replaced every solenoid. Even bought two used transmissions and used the housings thinking maybe i had a hair line crack somewhere. well after rebuilding these transmissions about 9 times literally i decided i was going to buy a used on from a nice used parts dealer. 3 year warranty unlimited miles. installed the new transmission yesterday and i still have to rev it to engage drive. i completely removed transmission harness, removed all loom and inspected all the wires everything looked great. took it to ford to see if there was any codes or computer updates and of course no codes and the computer is up to date. I'm completely lost as to what it could be and almmmossst ready to give up and just sell the truck. 7 thousand dollars into a transmission issue and now i dont even think the transmission is causing the problem. when i first bought the truck the abs light was on ended up being a bad wire going to the speed sensor in the rear. spliced in a new wire and that fixed it. ive also tried two different stock torque converter and even sent the precision converter back to have it inspected. i have SCT LIVEWIRE with ********** tunes. the problem exist with the stock tune and all of the ********** tunes. someone please give me somehelp, ideas or answers im desperate

Jonesy18

Reaction score
It was a bad new direct drive solenoid. The gogo solenoid I replaced it twice with the same brand so i figured it wasnt the solenoid. I think they were from empire.

samgoto96

Reaction score
We won't use anything but OEM solenoids. Seeing too many problems with the aftermarket stuff not working correctly even with brand new ones.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

wedge542

Reaction score
Just went thru the solenoid deal here to,all new,the d solenoid ohmed right but would not work unless gassed it hard,good as long as never shut truck off after first time,if did had to gas it hard again,like it was hung in d and r same time.Replaced the d sol and alls well.

Latest posts

Members online