2022 chages

superpsd

Reaction score
That's what I had read. I have an early 20 built in 19. It had a bunch of issues until Ford flashed it with the most current software. It's decent but it has it's moments where all a sudden the controller seems lost and confused and forgets how to shift. I want to buy the HP tuners software and start dialing it in but I'm trying to keep the warranty intact there have been a few 10R failures.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Yea there has been and most of them at from January or earlier builds but specifically linked to what batch of trans and torque converter. The kam learn is what messes up it is a more learning programming this round in the 10r due to all the drive modes and everything they gave it. There are so many more things to look at in these it’s crazy.

superpsd

Reaction score
I'm at almost 12K miles. I usually acts decent but once in a while I still get a slam shift more when cold and the WOT strategy is ****ed. Sometimes you hammer down and it is revving high with very delayed harsh shifts to the point where you actually would have accelerated faster at half pedal. Then at the next light one block latter hammer down and it comes to life like a woken beast and acts like nothing ever happened. And never has thrown a code...

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Mine did that and I ha the dealer do a kam reset. Which you can also do with forscan. After the reset I took it out and drove it for awhile. And kept changing how much throttle since the reset and tune to make it firmer and that it’s been great but I have a feeling I’ll be needing a trans soon. Time to see who has them built since I’m going to ****** and go 100hp single tune. My business partners 450 is ******d and 100hp tune and he ties to the max a few times a week and the truck loves the weight and power nothing gets to hot or far from factory limits

superpsd

Reaction score
I have Forscan but haven't tried a reset yet. I had been considering it. I did see that shops are working on built 10Rs so that's good to hear. I want to get tuning software and start playing but I'll not touch it just yet. An broken 10R on my dime is not what I need right now considering due to this plandemic the money is not flowing as hard.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
Oh I agree I own my own company and we have done okay so far and hoping to do better next years but no one knows what is next. If anything what I did was read out my stock calibration on it and played with it and asked others on the forum and other tuners where more progress could be made and learned it myself

Petro

Reaction score
Did you really just ask if this on a diesel performance forum? Im actually pretty offended lol

I'm not against it by any means, I'm just curious how far they are going to push the envelope. Nothing I own is stock, I'm always adding power to everything soo I'm not stranger to good running pickups. I truck over the road for a living and run a 550 Cat in my Pete, just blows my mind that these diesel pickups are knocking on the same horsepower level as trucks thst run over the road at 80 or 90k pounds. Obviously the torque numbers are far off from the big trucks but at what point is overall longevity going to start to suffer if power numbers continue to rise? Maybe it won't, but I feel like this power war has to end eventually. Im just thinking out loud, excited to see how far they push them.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
I'm not against it by any means, I'm just curious how far they are going to push the envelope. Nothing I own is stock, I'm always adding power to everything soo I'm not stranger to good running pickups. I truck over the road for a living and run a 550 Cat in my Pete, just blows my mind that these diesel pickups are knocking on the same horsepower level as trucks thst run over the road at 80 or 90k pounds. Obviously the torque numbers are far off from the big trucks but at what point is overall longevity going to start to suffer if power numbers continue to rise? Maybe it won't, but I feel like this power war has to end eventually. Im just thinking out loud, excited to see how far they push them.

I’m figuring they will be done around 550-600 since we are already knocking at 500 here. My 18 is at 650hp and tows 22k daily for work and it has 85k on it since I turned it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
My 18 is at 650hp and tows 22k daily for work and it has 85k on it since I turned it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

??? Post #18 you said you just ******d the '18.

If you are towing with your '18 at 650 hp and the 2020 outperforms it, you need some new tunes.

79jasper

Reaction score

If you are towing with your '18 at 650 hp and the 2020 outperforms it, you need some new tunes.
The 10 speed and different gearing could be making the difference.....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

mostcorey95

Reaction score

The 2020 engine isn’t tuned yet all that is done is the trans tune is done. The way the truck pulls is totally differently. The 2020 is smoother and the 18 is an animal. The 18 out runs it by a long shot. What I meant was the way trans tune has made a difference and shifts better and actually feels like it’s working.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Idk what you're driving, but my 18' has a huge restriction of torque at lower speeds, it's extremely laggy and sluggish. It makes my OBS look like a torque monster off the line, and it falls on its face fast, but seems the 6.7 pulls hard throughout entire rpm range.
Try a BD throttle position sensor. Changed my old 12 and now my 15 a lot off the line.

live life full throttle

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
Pedal commander has one, but all its doing is adjusting pedal input correct? Not actually making any more power than usual, it just tells the computer to give if 2x more throttle (or whatever the program is).

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Pedal commander has one, but all its doing is adjusting pedal input correct? Not actually making any more power than usual, it just tells the computer to give if 2x more throttle (or whatever the program is).

It just tightens up the ACC signal.

Latest posts

Members online