Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 7.3 Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2020, 07:10 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default I Need some help / Advice

I have a 2002 F250 7.3l Lariat 4wd automatic transmission 230,000 thousand miles the last owner always changed the oil and took care of it , Well 2 years after ownership and a Couple thousand dollars into the truck recently, Iíve been having issues with it starting at all , I just changed glow plugs / Glow plug relay , I shimed and put new o rings on the injectors , new starter, new batteries , changed all the relays and fuses , cam position sensor and Iíve bought 2 starters because I thought mine was bad , When I go to start it I just get a mechanical sound and the tach goes up and down , it sounds like the solenoid in the starter is not engaging the fly wheel , so thatís where the second starter came in and the same problem Iíve tested everything with a volt meter that gets power or has to do with starting the truck and Iím still getting that whining sound when I go to start , I just donít get it Iíve replaced everything that allows the truck to start , cleaned battery posts Iím mean everything, I would like someone to tell me what Iím doing wrong ?? Please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk