Subwoofer options and enclosures

The Butcher

Reaction score
I'd recommend going with the xd 1000/5 and bi-amping those Focals. High end speakers on factory power is wasted money. The 1000/5 will give you 600 to the subs and 200 to each door. It will rock. I have the 1000/5 powering my front doors with the rear channels open and the sub channel driving a 10TW3 and it rocks pretty well. If I had to do it again I'd go with just a single 12TW3. I did Audison Voce's for the front stage and was debating between those and Focal K2's. The sound is smooth and loud and the sub plays plenty low, I'd just like a little more output when I crank the volume.

After further thought it did seem a waste to upgrade the front stage and power off the factory unit. I went ahead and did the HD600/4 to power those and the factory rear, and went with the 750/1 for the subs. Should be able to listen to it a couple of hours from now and will be able to report back on how it turned out.

The Butcher

Reaction score
Just got mine back. Sounds good. I will admit that the factory stereo actually didn't sound that bad, but I wanted more sound, and better clarity on the mids/highs when the volume was up. I'm going to have to continue to listen to it to appreciate it more I think. Sounds really nice, but not as impressed as I was thinking I might be. Here is what I ended up going with:

2 x 12TW3 subs
1 x HD750/1 amp for subs
1 x Pair of Focal 165KRX2 front stage in doors/pillars
1 x HD600/4 for front stage and power the rear factory speakers
1 x Audio Control DQ-61 for integration with the factory head unit

I was very happy with the install overall. Very clean, and I kept the driver's side under the rear bench open to store crap which is really nice!

Attachments

• IMG_3209.JPG
    IMG_3209.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3212.JPG
    IMG_3212.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3210.JPG
    IMG_3210.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 115

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got mine back. Sounds good. I will admit that the factory stereo actually didn't sound that bad, but I wanted more sound, and better clarity on the mids/highs when the volume was up. I'm going to have to continue to listen to it to appreciate it more I think. Sounds really nice, but not as impressed as I was thinking I might be. Here is what I ended up going with:

2 x 12TW3 subs
1 x HD750/1 amp for subs
1 x Pair of Focal 165KRX2 front stage in doors/pillars
1 x HD600/4 for front stage and power the rear factory speakers
1 x Audio Control DQ-61 for integration with the factory head unit

I was very happy with the install overall. Very clean, and I kept the driver's side under the rear bench open to store crap which is really nice!

looks great ! one thing I noticed was with the rear components , I did the 165's in the rear, it really filled the sound, I was really happy with the extra $700 I spent there.

The Butcher

Reaction score
looks great ! one thing I noticed was with the rear components , I did the 165's in the rear, it really filled the sound, I was really happy with the extra $700 I spent there.

I wasn't sure if that was going to make much of a difference or not. So far, in the brief time I've listened to it, there doesn't seem to be as much of an enveloping sound as I have in my Excursion which has front and rear upgraded speakers. Maybe that will end up being the case here to. Did the 165's fit on the back pillar where there is a factory speaker, or did you put the mid range driver in the rear door somehow?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have said before that i have never been much for sound systems but the way you guys piece this stuff together is way cool... i have the factory sub and wouldnt mind having a lil more thump but i prolly wont ever do that.. lol

live life full throttle

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
i got some stuff left over from my last super duty that i never got around to installing but i will be putting in my new f350
Focal Access 570CA1 SG for the rear
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier for the front and rear speaker
plus i have a RF wiring kit kit for that amp

now on my other f250 i put 6.5" focal component set up front, is their any gain over doing a 6.5 over say a 5x7?

tommy1005

Reaction score
Audio control lc7i here. Much easier to setup than the bit ten. I had a bit ten in my last trick and it was great once dialed in, just took a lot of tinkering to get it there.

Latest posts

Members online