IF IT WAS YOUR MONEY!!!

"Maxie"

Reaction score
I would like some feedback from those of you using Rancho's and Bilsteins. I like both brands so I'm stuck with the decision on which to buy? Also, would you put the same shock on all 4 corner's or use different series/part #'s on the front? All input is appreciated.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I have factory shocks in the rear and Bilstein 5100's up front. I'm pretty satisfied with the ride. Especially since I'm running 2" spacers up front instead of a coil spring leveling kit.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have some older Icon shocks that still say bilstein on them and they do pretty well. The new icons are made in house now. I will most likely try to run some bilstein 5160's when these wear out. For the price of the Icon's I think they should have a lifetime warranty, just my opinion.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The ranchos that came on these trucks are ford shocks that are just labeled rancho. I know a lot of people don't care for Ranchos because of the RS9000XL is what most people ran and didn't like but it is twin tube compared to bilstein monotube 5100 but rancho has came out with the RS7000MT which is a monotube shock just like the bilstein and I am curious to see what it rides like since I have seen some good reviews. I was going to put them on my truck but I haven't got around to it and other things have came up that is needed more than shocks at the time for me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i just got the icon piggy backs.. they look nice. but between rancho and bilstein, its no comparison. bilstein.

claws314

Reaction score
So to steal the thread for just a minute are we talking night and day difference in ride quality when switching to a better shock or just some what noticeable?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So to steal the thread for just a minute are we talking night and day difference in ride quality when switching to a better shock or just some what noticeable?

how about VERY Noticeable.

BFinMO

Reaction score
I have always been partial to Bilstein's because they always replace the factory 'Rancho' shocks that come off my trucks. But, I have never paid any additional $ to make the choice to purchase Rancho. Bilstein 5100's are very nice upgrade.

Latest posts