SPE 6.7 Hot tunes

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
Looks like SPE released some 6.7 custom tunes. I've never purchased a custom tune from anyone so curious if its worth it? And also am I wrong when I thought H&S hot tune also provided +150 hp that SPE's tune says it does? Could just be my ignorance talking..guidance welcome!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Looks like they have X hot that they are clamming 550whp with, and the Xtow looks like a DPF on tune. Maybe SPE will chime in and explain how they work with the MCC tuning to put on a mini max. I would be interested in tunes from a company that is doing so much with the 6.7's.

SPE

Reaction score
Hey guys, With the "Can" tuning H&S claims it makes 497hp to the tire. Our Hot X tune makes 550hp to the tire. The 6.7 powerstroke only puts out about 350-360 to the ground in stock form (this is on average). The Trans tune is also very different as far as shift feel, and torque converter lock up to help deal with added power. This much fueling (on the hot setting) is the most that can be commanded without dropping rail pressure. Our X Tow is a dpf on tune for the sct platform.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Do you have any graphs that prove 550 HP? I was ways under the impression that these things really didn't have the fuel to support much over 500.

In for results and reviews

WHY NOT

Reaction score
SPE do your tunes still retain the shift on the fly function?

:stupid: That is my favorite part about the H&S stuff. You can back up to a trailer hit a button 2 times and your from power to towing. How would the shift on the fly work with your trans tune if you retain the shift on the fly?

I am in for some dyno graphs as well. I am kind of leery about buying other tunes the last ones that I tired made my truck run like crap and I had super high drive pressure.

EDIT: SPE can you send me a PM on about how much a single kit is going to run and a drop in kit? Just incase this one lets go at those numbers. Also, how long and how have you been driving the truck that these tunes are on? Or just message me with any info about them you can think of that I may ask LOL

Last edited:

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
:stupid: That is my favorite part about the H&S stuff. You can back up to a trailer hit a button 2 times and your from power to towing. How would the shift on the fly work with your trans tune if you retain the shift on the fly?

I am in for some dyno graphs as well. I am kind of leery about buying other tunes the last ones that I tired made my truck run like crap and I had super high drive pressure.

you turned yours down while towing?

i always left mine on the HOT setting, maybe thats why is smoked so much when I had some pretty heavy loads.

SPE does the Tunes come on a new card for the H&S or how does that work?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It looks like they send you a file and you put it on your card using the MCC software.

Randal, yes I turn mine down. When mine lugs in hot I can here the turbo sound like a train. You can hear it choo choo choo chop. If that make any sense.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
It looks like they send you a file and you put it on your card using the MCC software.

Randal, yes I turn mine down. When mine lugs in hot I can here the turbo sound like a train. You can hear it choo choo choo chop. If that make any sense.

i know what your saying matt, ive heard it many times, lol

i like my current tuning but i may invest a 100 and see what these are all about

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Like I always tell people that ask why I mess with my truck "If 470 hp is good 550 has to be better"

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
Which KEM tune do you have? All I'm seeing is the KEM Green DPF On? Or am I looking in the wrong spot on their site?

mysticblu999

Reaction score
KEM doesn't advertise the race tunes. Not sure they will even sell them anymore. Their trans tuning is the best, but the engine tuning still isn't there. Turbo surge like hell if you try go easy on it.

Ill be placing my order for SPE tunes today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bricewise

Reaction score
You export the MCC files from your truck then send them off to SPE.....after that...I'm not sure...I'm still at the send your files to SPE! lol.

Once I get them back I'll be able to offer more insight

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I'd like to see this 550hp tune! I went with the spartan cause it made more power than the h&s. Now I'm gonna have to switch! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.