$partan Ngauge vs P!P v8!!!

Notneb

Reaction score
Figured I'd put up the teaser pic, and let you know that tomorrow I'll be starting my $partan vs. P!P v8 test.
015_zpsmhmvwhir.jpg

Things I will be focusing on:
MPG difference
Power difference
Throttle response
Shifting under partial throttle conditions
Price
Ease of use
Customer support
Differences in temperatures if any

As I go along I'm sure I'll add new little things, and if anyone has a specific comparison they want, PM me!

Going to email the disclaimer and get started tomorrow hopefully!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I can already tell you the results. Spar tan wins....hands down. Nothing SCT based is even close.

Notneb

Reaction score
I can already tell you the results. Spar tan wins....hands down. Nothing SCT based is even close.

The comparison isn't really going to be a "who wins overall" but more: What each one does for what price. People can then make an educated decision, based on what they feel they need for their price range.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Ugh I want. I've heard spar tan wants you to return to stock and let the dealer flash the truck before you install their tunes ? I guess to make sure it's on a stock file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Ugh I want. I've heard spar tan wants you to return to stock and let the dealer flash the truck before you install their tunes ? I guess to make sure it's on a stock file?

It's not mandatory. We just recommend it. Some other devices don't put the strategy back to what it should be- when we create a stock file, it's based off whatever you provide us. Reflashing at the dealer simply ensures that the stock file we create for you is an exact match to what your truck should be, and the latest strategy.

Notneb

Reaction score
I saved my stock file on my computer when I used my SCT to tune the truck when I first d3leted it. I've just got in the habit of doing that when I was remote tuning my viper using SCT devices.

I recommend everyone does this, I know SCT gives you the option, I assume if you're starting on a brand new non-tuned truck, that the nGauge would let you do the same?

FX44AU

Reaction score
Definitely subscribing to this one as I've been debating ditching the SCT for the Sp@rtan.

Notneb

Reaction score
So good news for everyone, Matt got me set up with tunes already, so I'll be starting tonight, so expect an "initial thoughts" response sometime this evening.

jwalk09

Reaction score
It's not mandatory. We just recommend it. Some other devices don't put the strategy back to what it should be- when we create a stock file, it's based off whatever you provide us. Reflashing at the dealer simply ensures that the stock file we create for you is an exact match to what your truck should be, and the latest strategy.

I've only ran p!p tunes since ******d. Obviously I have the stock file saved on the sct . I would hate to have to put all that sh!t back on. Have a lot of people had issues going from p!p to spar tan without getting latest Strategy flashed?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I've only ran p!p tunes since ******d. Obviously I have the stock file saved on the sct . I would hate to have to put all that sh!t back on. Have a lot of people had issues going from p!p to spar tan without getting latest Strategy flashed?

Not that I'm aware of. As mentioned before, its a precautionary measure to make sure everything is right. We've run across guys who have had multiple tuners flashed over top of each other, where the stock file was lost entirely.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. As mentioned before, its a precautionary measure to make sure everything is right. We've run across guys who have had multiple tuners flashed over top of each other, where the stock file was lost entirely.

Ok so it wouldn't affect uploading your tuning either way ? Just how the stock file is saved correct.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Personal experience and driving several local trucks with other SCT based tuning. Nothing else compares in overall smoothness and drivability without little hiccups.

again, yeah it's gotten WAY better than what you had. S P A R T A N is VERY good, and i've had nothing but happy customers , but its not THAT much different depending on what sct based tuning we are discussing. different strokes for different folks .

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
There's one Pip and one gear head tuned truck at my office running pretty recent updates. Totally different driving experience. They're both 14's...that's the only big difference.
Spar tan is just better in everything I've driven....period.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
There's one Pip and one gear head tuned truck at my office running pretty recent updates. Totally different driving experience. They're both 14's...that's the only big difference.
Spar tan is just better in everything I've driven....period.

you CANNOT compare those, at all .

Latest posts

Members online