Mandrel bender

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good mandrel bender. Something that could handle everything up to 5" tube. Not much experience with this stuff so post up what you use or what you know. Not looking to spend 100 grand on a machine so please, no industrial craziness lol

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good mandrel bender. Something that could handle everything up to 5" tube. Not much experience with this stuff so post up what you use or what you know. Not looking to spend 100 grand on a machine so please, no industrial craziness lol

I'll keep an eye out for something that you can use to bend your tube...

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
NC or CNC?
I like the Baileigh we have in the shop at school. Believe it's limited to 3" tubing though.
Something capable of 5" is going to be awful pricey...

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Probably just Numerical. I'd think a 5" capable machine would pay off faster, don't you?

I'm a noob to this stuff, other than I know I want one and I don't want a computer operated system, I'm shooting from the hip lol

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Agree on 5" being the way to go, if you can finance it.
Only problem I see is a 5" machine puts you in the "industrial craziness" category of $150k + machines.
For what it's worth the sticker price on our 3" machine was right around $47xxx. Things start increasing exponentially the bigger you go.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Are you wired for three phase power? I can't say for certain but every bender i've personally seen capable of 5'' was three phase. Just something else to consider...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Anything bigger then 4" with a Mandrel is uber expensive, you would have to scrap that old bumper of yours to pay for it...

moose99psd

Reaction score
Are you wired for three phase power? I can't say for certain but every bender i've personally seen capable of 5'' was three phase. Just something else to consider...

You can get phase converters we have them for the cnc mill and lathe at the race shop and had one on a manual mill at my shop.

Even the exhaust shop local who does a **** ton only does up to 4" that I'm aware of.

from my butt

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
You can get phase converters we have them for the cnc mill and lathe at the race shop and had one on a manual mill at my shop.

Even the exhaust shop local who does a **** ton only does up to 4" that I'm aware of.

from my butt

I'm not all that savy on phase converters but I'd assume you would need a fairly large rotary converter for something like a CN bender or CNC mill, no?

Those little buggers are pricey. I've got a perfectly good 120 gal Speedaire compressor sitting in my shop that's next to useless because I went with a cheap phase converter.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Just a tubing bender.

I'm not setup for three phase but a converter wouldn't be that big of a deal. I can't imagine a tubing bender needing that much juice though, maybe I'm wrong?

Latest posts

Members online