question about PC'ing Chrome

c.jank

Reaction score
Hey guys.. im trying to do a ballin on a budget build on my 11 250.
My current bumper has dents from what looks like a pole, that are hidden by the license plate bracket. I plan to run no front plates when i get my new registration in september (new texas law only issuing rear plate). I am going to powdercoat the front and rear bumpers.

with that said the dent is too much of an eye sore. My boss said i can trade out with one of the f450 single cab/flatbeds we have at work.. but then i noticed they have bumper fender flares.

which brings me here. Can i trade out my bumper with that one, and fill the chrome hole with say.. a chrome bolt.. weld front and back, grind smooth, powdercoat? or are there other options like a filler powdercoaters use.. i really hate to shell out 100-150 for dent repair on stretched metal, and 300 for a used bumper, and then PC $$ on top of that..

any suggestions are greatly appreciated

c.jank

Reaction score
My other option is a 500 dollar custom bumper i can have made to my design, or modeled after (not exactly) a current design.. including pre runner style.. really wanted to keep this a clean show quality truck though

VanoFord

Reaction score
sorry to derail, but i was on CL and saw an ad for steps, w/ a pic of the truck. i thought, "damn that truck looks real familiar, not just the truck but the whole image" and BAM its your avatar lol. free bump for a slight derail. sub'd for details.

c.jank

Reaction score
sorry to derail, but i was on CL and saw an ad for steps, w/ a pic of the truck. i thought, "damn that truck looks real familiar, not just the truck but the whole image" and BAM its your avatar lol. free bump for a slight derail. sub'd for details.

haha thanks man, if you know anyone ill throw $25 out of the 150 your way for a referral and PSA member gift!!