Been years since I loaded a tune, need help please.

Highroller54

Reaction score
As some of you guys know my truck has decided it hates the tune I have run forever and my laptop died. So I have a new laptop, downloaded mcc and have a new tune from g-h. I downloaded the tune from the email and it's in a folder.
Can I get a exact "how to" from there on please? I am computer retarded. Lol.
Also can I ****** the old g-h tune from my card? No use having it if it doesn't work I guess. Thank you very much for any help, chad.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As some of you guys know my truck has decided it hates the tune I have run forever and my laptop died. So I have a new laptop, downloaded mcc and have a new tune from g-h. I downloaded the tune from the email and it's in a folder.
Can I get a exact "how to" from there on please? I am computer retarded. Lol.
Also can I ****** the old g-h tune from my card? No use having it if it doesn't work I guess. Thank you very much for any help, chad.

any tune you've ever put on that card will be in the CUSTOM folder. you can copy it and save it for future to your desk top quite easily. as for the new tune, open the CUSTOM folder and drag new files into it. done.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Well thanks for the help but I can't get my card reader to recognize the card so I updated some drivers and now the mouse pad won't work, I'm done.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
i've accidentally locked the mouse pad on my laptop a few times while doing tunes and stuff, figured I messed up the computer and gave it some kind of weird virus, once i found out i locked the mouse pad i felt dumb

Highroller54

Reaction score
are you using a mac ?

No but it's a couple year old unit that had a fresh install of windows 10 on it. I'll just buy a new one this week. I had hoped to keep this just for my truck and get a new one for the family so I don't run into this again but oh well.
The pad isn't locked it "works" but it doesn't do anything you want it to. Pretty sure someone was getting rid of it for a reason. Lol

Highroller54

Reaction score
Finally got a new fancy computer today, plugged it in and it's been updating all afternoon lol. Hopefully tomorrow the truck is fixed, fingers crossed!!!

Highroller54

Reaction score
Good news is I got it loaded, bad news is my trucks still not happy lol. Darn.
Thanks for the help so far!!

Highroller54

Reaction score
Change your ebp sensor and tube...

Funny you should say that, I'm not one to just swap parts but that's exactly what my next move is lol. The tube and fitting in the manifold is clean, like way cleaner then it should be but I'll spin a sensor in it.

Koeo is good though, and it most definitely has some drive pressure when it's acting up as the Vgt is being held too "small" I think, makes lots of smoke and high egt's
I need someone else to drive it or watch the scan tool, hard to do all of that at the time it acts up to see if it just drops out somewhere in its range.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online